“Best Chile Rellenos in the East”

Mariachi Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 292 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Best Mexican food in Delaware
Reviewed October 21, 2017

Mariachi happened to be across the street from our hotel. What a find. We both had the Puebla Platter, which included a cheese chile relleno and carne asada. Superb! I've tried chile rellenos at numerous east-coast restaurants, but this was the first to compare to the best in the west. We topped off this sumptuous meal with a shared piece of to-die-for tres leche cake. We cannot give this establishment enough thumbs-up: fairly priced, delicious food with excellent, friendly service. Looking forward to a return visit.

Reviewed October 19, 2017

Very good food. We had everything from tamales to fajitas, burritos and fish tacos. Didn't try their Margaritas, but they looked great coming out to another table. One thing that we really liked was one of the wines on their list which actually goes with spicy food, a Torrontes from Alta Vista. Service was fast-paced, the only criticism is that we were a large party and when our dinners came out, they were auctioned off, our server had no idea who ordered what. But then again, this is a pretty casual place. I had the Tamale with chicken appetizer, which was really good, and Chile Rellenos were excellent. My wife had the fish taco special, which she enjoyed. All in all a very good experience.

Reviewed October 12, 2017

I had fajitas when visiting Mariachi and they were good! My boyfriend was happy with the choice he picked as well. He is a healthy eater so it's nice that he was able to have many choices also. The environment is awesome. Our waiter left the floor and came back out and played music on his guitar and sang. It was fantastic! He was so talented and that was my favorite part of the night

Reviewed October 11, 2017

I like to look at menus online before I go to a new place. Mariachi had a dish described as Cuban pork with bitter orange -I had try it - sounded great, it wasn't, at best ok. The waiter said it was marinated in the oranges, but I could not taste it. Fruit Flies kept buzzing by my beer? I looked down and there were five flies swimming in my suds. Our waiter was great but the overall experience was disappointing. Did I mention my entree arrived 10 minutes after my wifes?

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

This is our second trip to this restaurant, the first was four years ago, the last time we were in the area- it was a warm day so we sat in the second floor patio for lunch. Our server was very professional and there is a bit of a New Orleans feel to the decor of the restaurant.
Since it was lunch, my wife and I had the chicken fraquitas (not sure I I spelled that correctly). It was delicacies, as were the nacho chips, and the best salsa on the planet. Great and authentic Mexican food.