“Amazing”
Review of Mariachi

Mariachi
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 11, 2011

First we were'nt so sure about this because the food was ready so fast that we could not believe that it was cooked to order. But the food was amazing. Best food I have had in a long time. The staff was very friendly and polite. Just a great place !!!

Reviewed July 9, 2011

We ate at Mariachi on Friday night of the July 4th weekend. Service was very friendly and responsive. Angel greated us at the front door and made us feel very welcomed. We enjoyed the ceviche and guacomole to start. The mojitos were terrific - very very fresh and bright. I had trout with a spicy sauce with peppers and onions that was very good and my husband really enjoyed the seafood in a peruvian sauce. We thought the prices were very fair and we would definitely go back next time we are in town. If you can sit upstairs on the outside deck.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

We heard some good things about this restaurant from our friends so we thought on our yearly Rehoboth visit, we would add it to our "to eat" list. In all honesty, it was a pretty good little Mexican place. Did it blow my socks off? No. Would I go back? Absolutely.

We went with a group of about 16 people on a Tuesday night (6 pm). This both great and not so great. The great part is that we were seated immediately. The not so great part was I'm not sure our waiter was capable of handling such a large party.

You receive complementary chips and salsa and can order queso and/or guacamole. I wouldn't recommend splurging on the queso or guac. Neither were that good and I thought it was a bit overpriced for what you received ($4.99 and $6.99). The drinks, on the other hand were awesome. Most of the table ended up with the peach sangria which was a big hit. I, on the other hand, finally found a place that sells authentic crappy Mexican beer (Sol); I'm a bit nostalgic at times. That last place I found that sold this was in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. So of course, I ordered it!!!!

Overall the food was good, and you can get it spicy or more bland. If that is not enough, they will bring you out some killer hot sauce to spice it up even more. I ended having a pork dish which I could cut with my fork....so good. Of course, my wife had the fajitas which she claimed to have enjoyed.

My one complaint. We had asked to be put on separate checks which they had agreed to. The only problem is that by separate checks, the waiter apparently meant he would put everything on one check, and then figure it out at the end :( So you can imagine the disappointment of those that hung around longer than others, ended up with random things on our check that other members of the group had ordered and we ended up paying for. In theory, this would have been a great way to split up the bill but I think that would have required a more capable waiter. I'm not faulting him too much, but he really should have kept the bills separate to avoid this.

1  Thank AnnapolisMatt
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We decided to try El Mariachi for dinner one night on our recent trip down to the boardwalk. Man, did we walk away impressed!! Try the salsa that comes with the chips right when you sit down, WOW! Our meals were amazing, the service was great! I had the Carne asada and my husband had the chimichangas. Not a thing bad to say about this place! We will definitely be going back the next time we are down!

Reviewed July 1, 2011

Food and service were very good. A little pricey, but still reasonable. I had the fresh trout and my wife had the cuban pork. Both meals were very good. Portions were perfect. My little guy had the chicken quesadillas and he was happy. I recommend you sit on their upstairs terrace. It was a nice place.