The owners' description of this property says "beautifully maintained." Totally false advertising. The air conditioning did not work properly. The hall bathroom had rust stains in the tub and when the water was turned on for the first time it took about two minutes for the water to turn from muddy brown to clear. In the master bathroom there was extensive mildew. The bedspread in the master bedroom had filthy, crusty brown spots....one hesitates to think with what. The ceiling fan was covered in dust, an issue for anyone with respiratory issues. The deck was particularly troublesome: it had a discarded piece of wooden facing laying across the deck with old rusty nails protruding sharp sides up; numerous rusty nails protruding from the deck itself; old rusty discarded drain pipes lying in and around the deck; and an ashtray full of old cigarette butts. Obviously the nails posed health and safety hazards for children playing there; should anyone suffer a skin puncture tetanus infection would have been a real possibility. Also on the deck was an old wooden table base, with no top -- a piece of junk which should have been removed -- below which discarded plastic cutlery trash was strewn. The swimming pool was a total mess -- full of leaves, twigs, debris, and bugs. The filter was not connected. In the back yard there were two trash heaps, one behind the deck comprising sharp cement blocks, wire meshing and other bits of trash; the other is behind the storage shed and comprised sharp stones, discarded wooden planks, yard waste, and, most worrisome, a rusted wheelbarrow, again posing the threat of tennis infection. The hammock in the back yard was badly torn; this is not only unsightly but a safety hazard should children have climbed on it, they could easily have fallen through and been injured, perhaps seriously. The owners did advise us of this prior to our arrival, but should they not have rectified the situation before we arrived? The roof on the shed comprised nothing more than torn fabric which, while not a health hazard was unsightly and again points to the woefully poor overall management and maintenance of this property. For anyone wishing confirmation of the foregoing, I have photos. I gave this property one star as this was mandatory, but would have wished to give it none.
We so loved this place, the owners are great.
Lot's of room and perfect location.
The yard is huge and the pool is big enough for the whole family.
I highly recommend staying here and we are already looking forward to booking again next year.