“Worst dinner experience ever”
Review of Kool Bean Bistro - CLOSED

Kool Bean Bistro
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We went to Kool Bean for the "Southern Seafood Small Plates" dinner. We ordered our food and after about a half our we asked the waiter where the food was. 5 minutes later he appeared with our second course. We told him we hadn't received our first couse yet and he seemed surprised. He brought my first course )onion soup) about 10 minutes later. My wife's first course of risotto never came. He brought our second course soon after. I had ordered deviled eggs and they were served on top of a paper napkin on a plate with no garnish. Of course the napkin stuck to the eggs for a very unpleasant taste. My wifes salad was OK. The waiter brought entrees to our table while we were still eating our second course and walked away. the couple at the next table said they had been there 2 hours and the entrees were theirs. we called another waiter over and had the entrees delivered to the correct table. Both entrees looked terrible. The sides had been left off the plates, the crab cake looked like cat food and the salmon was about 2" X 2". We got up and left asking to speak to the manager who comped what we had already had. We'll never go back.

3  Thank jimandmo

Reviewed June 17, 2012

My son has food allergies. Travelling across the country and eating out frequently, every restaurant tries to accomodate, from most gourmet to most casual. Not this place. We gave an allergy card to the chef and he said he couldn't accomodate us. That's never happened before. Besides the quality of food not being great here, its unacceptable in this day and age for any establishment to not at least accomodate special dietary needs.

2  Thank Bink530
Reviewed April 26, 2012

The Kool Bean is a wonderful cafe that is not your typical beach stop. The decor is eclectic with tasty entrees. Their Farmer's Bake or Breakfast Burrito are all you need to start your day.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

My favorite Bethany breakfast because of the eclectic atmosphere, the owner's attention to details, the great coffee, and the breakfast burrito option on the menu.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Very small, with limited menu, but I have enjoyed each of my meals there. Great place to stop for lunch, the salads are unique and delicious. Would like the portions to be larger, but overall a nice experience in eating