“Awesome muffins!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Birch Tree Cafe
Ranked #9 of 24 Restaurants in Ocean View
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating
Description: Delaware's only 100% dedicated gluten free kitchen. Serving a variety of gf baked goods & sandwiches on our own amazing gf bread. Soups, quiche, pizza, salads, and desserts, fresh-made smoothies, hand-crafted sodas, organic coffee and espresso drinks using organic milk. Also available: gluten free beer, cider and organic wine. In-house breads, baked goods & desserts available for sale as well.
“Awesome muffins!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

This is the best place within 100 miles to get fresh gluten free items. Once a month I make the 45 minute drive just to buy a sandwich for lunch and to stock up on their muffins. The pumpkin ones are the best followed by the apple Carmel ones. The cinnamon ones are good too. I have also tried their chocolate cupcakes which are yummy as well.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Will visit again. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

This morning was the first time I've been inside this quaint health food store/cafe. The cafe part serves breakfastand lunch I believe. I just wanted a coffee to go though. They have several flavors of syrups and alternatives to dairy milk, if you so choose. I ordered a salted caramel iced latte and a pumpkin pecan muffin to go. My total came to $6.50. I think all of their baked goods are gluten-free, but you'd never be able to tell, as that muffin was moist and tasty. (Not that other GF items aren't, but I don't have a gluten intolerance so I'm not familiar with it.) Next time I'm in the area, I certainly plan to go back for a meal!

Lancaster
“Good stuff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Good choices. I feel healthy just being there. Now I can get take out to accommodate guests dietary concerns. Take out is great.

Visited October 2013