“Don't waste your time or money here”
Review of The Salted Rim

The Salted Rim
Ranked #10 of 24 Restaurants in Ocean View
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Salted Rim Restaurant located in Ocean View Delaware. American and authentic Mexican Cuisine, Artisan cheese and Charcuterie boards. Located at the train cars on Rt 26, Atlantic Avenue in Ocean View Delaware! Dine in the train cars or in the pub area. We also host family friendly events in the trains such The Polar Express, Frozen and Thomas the Tank Engine! Create magical memories for your family as you enjoy a buffet dinner and watch the movie in the train cars decorated in the theme of the event. You will see the Conductor, Elves and Santa during The Polar Express or Anna and Elsa for Frozen! It is truly a wonderful time to spend with your family! Call us about booking Private Parties, Holiday Parties, Catering, Banquets and Meetings in authentic train cars serving customized American and/or Mexican Cuisine
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I think my title says it all. The food was horrible. The prices are too high. The service was quick but not personal.

1  Thank LuvMyLuLu

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

We decided to try out the place for lunch. Only another table beside us. Three servers and the service was terrible. We asked for fajitas and they were tasteless. I did not think anyone could mess up Mexican but they did. The salsa for the chips was made of tomatoes, onions, cilantro and some bits of jalapeño, no sauce, we had to add salt and pepper. If your looking for Mexican food go some place else.

1  Thank Ito G
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I was glad to see another restaurant going into this location and was hoping that The Salted Rim would be a good local place to get Mexican food, but unfortunately it's not. I've been there twice since the end of October, hoping all the kinks would be worked out from opening a new restaurant, and both times we were disappointed. The first time I was there it was late afternoon and since the place was empty we sat at the bar. We sat down and it took about five minutes for anyone to show up in the bar area. When the bartender did come out she commented that she was watching some show on tv, I guess in another room. On the bar across from us was dirty glasses just sitting there, and they remained our entire stay, and a newspaper opened up with a pencil on it, giving the impression someone was doing a crossword puzzle. We ordered a quesadilla app and some fajitas, neither of which were anything to write home about. The second vista a few weeks later was very similar, slow service and mediocre food. We won't be back.

2  Thank Rick S
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Been there several times by ourselves and with grandchildren. When with grandchildren we ate in one of the dining cars. They loved it and keep asking when we can take them again. Service was exceptional and the food tasty.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I thoroughly enjoy The Salted Rim. The fish tacos were awesome and the golden margarita's are delicious. Staff is super fun and friendly. The bartenders are sweet and one of the reasons I gravitate to the bar. Love the halloween decorations and just the overall warm feel of the place. It's nice having a local restaurant where I feel so welcomed and always enjoy myself!