“Dinner”

Cuisines: American
Bethany Beach, Delaware
“Dinner”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Disappointed in Italian dishes. Kinda blah. Just fair for Italian food. Bread freaks and the anti pasta
good.

• Visited July 2014

Ocean View, Delaware
“Way to much for what you get”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We went for dinner and thought the prices for pastas seamed high after eating we knew they were high for the amount we were served. I love Italian bread but what we were served was just plane bad. the desert was good but We will not be going back.

1 Thank bill e
Bethany Beach, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Locals breakfast spot”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This restaurant only serves breakfast on Sunday mornings. It's a favorite for locals. Off the beaten path. Food is delicious, prices are reasonable and the staff is very friendly.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Don't judge a book by its cover”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

From the outside, this place looks like it is only a little sub shop. And it's definitely off the beaten path, but not hard to find. Once inside, you'll find a charming little dining room. We went at 5:00 on a Saturday. The hostess seated us right away, and our waitress was sweet and competent. The food came out in good time and well paced. Salad, appetizer, entre', and dessert were all great. House and Caesar salads were both cold, fresh, and well dressed. The calamari with red "gravy" appetizer was delightful, large rings perfectly cooked, not rubbery like some overcooked calamari I have had. I loved the "gravy". Another commenter said he thought it was canned. If it is, I'd love to know how they get that light, fresh taste into it. It is a smooth sauce, not particularly spicy, not sweet-- tomato-y, but light. That's the best description I can think of. The chicken wings were meaty and flavorful. For dinner, we ordered the Philly cheesesteaks. We had heard they were comparable to real Philadelphia cheesesteaks. (I have heard that before.) Well, we tried them and ordered them "wiz, wit". That is with Cheese Wiz, and with fried onions. Now, I've had real Philly cheesesteaks at famous places like Geno's, Pat's, and Tony Luke's. (Pat's is my favorite.) The cheesesteak sub at D'Ortone rivaled them all! I really shouldn't tell you that though. I would hate to have to wait in a line like at Pat's in Philly the next time I hit the beach. They DO have a carry out...and a bar. I guess you can call to order, not sure. As a finale to our meal, we had both desserts that were available. The cannoli was good but a little heavy on the cinnamon. The upside-down peach cake was very nice. The cake was light and slightly sweet with nice pieces of peach. It was not really like a classic Baltimore Peach Cake, but it was very good. It could have used a tiny little bit of whipped cream on the side. I will definitely go back to D'Ortones. I want to try their breakfast on a Sunday (served 8a.m. to 1p.m.) D'Ortone is open seven days a week and reasonably priced. If you pay in cash, you get a 10% discount.

Ocean View, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super for good homestyle Sunday Gravy meals”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Strongly recommend if you are looking for a casual Italian meal while at the beach. Has great Sunday gravy and usual Italian standards. Also has a very good, inexpensive and extensive breakfast menu

• Visited February 2014