“Super for good homestyle Sunday Gravy meals”

D'Ortone's Homestyle Italian Restaurant & Tap
Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Ocean View, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super for good homestyle Sunday Gravy meals”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Strongly recommend if you are looking for a casual Italian meal while at the beach. Has great Sunday gravy and usual Italian standards. Also has a very good, inexpensive and extensive breakfast menu

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Tom K

“Sunday breakfast yum”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Always friendly fast and fair priced . We love this place. Dinner is always great too. A nice option in a generally overpriced area

• Visited July 2013
Lewes, Delaware
“Great Restaurant for a Delicious Dinner and an Amazing Breakfast!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I've been to this place two times and went for a third last weekend with my girlfriend. I hold this restaurant to high standards being that everytime I have been here the food and service have been off the charts. I've had favorites such as the lasagna and chicken parm, but this time I tried the Chicken Florentine special and it was great. You can definitely tell everything is homemade and cooked to order by the tenderness of the cutlets all the way to the flavor of his "homemade gravy" and sauteed spinach. On top of the great meal you get your choice of soup or salad, and I always go with the soup because the Italian Wedding soup is top notch and can't be beat. My girlfriend had the chicken brushetta which was also very good. I finished what she could not, and I have to say that it is definitely on my list of dinners to try next.

Also, since they started serving breakfast again we decided to try it out. The first thing I noticed was that their menu was updated and had more of a selection on it. New items were stuffed french toast, new combo meals, wider variety of omelettes, and I also think they put different kinds of oatmeal on the menu. I got the kitchen sink omelette which had a range of different toppings cooked right inside, and my girlfriend got the stuffed french toast. I know breakfast is much easier to cook than dinner, but I have to say breakfast at D'Ortone's seems better this time around! I will most definitely be back for breakfast again!

• Visited May 2013
Ocean City, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ICE COLD MICROWAVE FOOD AT BEST !!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Not sure why i even went but a few people said it was good and a few said it was not so good so i decided to judge for myself .These guys have sauce from cans and put herbs in it .the service was slow and they acted like the were doing us a favor . Would rather support a local not someone from outside who doesnt care about the true locals !! the food tasted like microwave food from walmart . Do yourself a favor save your money !! . I wouldnt go back if it were free !!!

• Visited March 2013
Ocean View, Delaware
“Great Sunday specials”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I went for dinner Sunday evening. Sunday dinner special included an appetizer, salad, entree and desert. The food was excellent. The meal was prepared very well and is definitely hand prepared. No corners cut here. I had the spaghetti with a meatball and my wife had baked rigatoni with a meatball. We both agreed that it was one of the better Italian meals we had in quite awhile. Hats off to the staff for a great meal.

• Visited February 2013