“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Ocean View
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Big Yellow House Located on the corner of Rt. 26 - Atlantic Avenue and Woodland Avenue, offering Fresh Local Seasonal Cuisine. Open Year Round Call for Current Hours Reservations Highly Recommended Full Bar Availability. Winner of 2017 Best of Delaware Delaware Today Magazine Readers Choice - Best American Restaurant, 2015 Winner - Battle at the Beach Chef Cook-Off, 2015 Winner - Culinary Genius Award for the Northeast Region. Executive Chef Jason Bostaph, 4 Awards - 2013 Best of Awards from Coastal Style Magazine - Best Chef Sussex County, Best Appetizers, Best Authentic American Cuisine and Best Coffee.
Bethany Beach, Delaware
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Consistently excellent food produced by trained Chefs. My husband and friends have tried
many of their dishes, each, prepared remarkably well. I love the prime rib, pork, crab cake
and their signature dish the salmon is amazing. Service is excellent. Chef's are interested
in what you have to say and are willing to try their customers recipes. My favorite place to eat.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Nmae2014

Ocean View, Delaware
“Always a good meal - try ethnic comfort food night in the off-season”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Over the past two years, each time we go back to the Cafe on 26, the quality of the food is excellent. They do a good "pour" on the adult beverages. Love the salmon and the crab cakes. Tell them if you need gluten free, and they will accommodate! This week we tried the "ethnic comfort food night". Truthfully, had seen the ad in the newspaper and the theme did not draw me in, but we went anyway. On off-season comfort food night, our choices (3 courses for $15) included beef bourguignon, coq a vin, and a veal meatloaf (regular priced menu is also available). Back to the dinner special - choice of soup or house salad (the turkey noodle soup was so very good), dessert choices where whatever was listed on the menu. I had the coq a vin - fall-off-the-bone tender chicken, al dente noodles, and a flavorful mushroom sauce. Would order it again in a heartbeat. As there were 3 of us, we each got a different dessert and all of them were yummy - apple crisp, pumpkin pie w/ ginger cookie crust, key lime w/ chocolate crust. Next comfort food night, and choice, cannot come soon enough! The only downer to the evening was when the table next to us was seated and all of the diners pulled out their phones/tablets and proceeded to be online.

• Visited December 2013
Dagsboro
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Treasure in Plain Sight”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I went in with some friends earlier this month when I visited the area. I've been to Ocean View/Bethany Beach many times and I regret not having come in sooner because I had no idea what I had been missing.
The restaurant is gorgeous inside, and we're immediately greeted and shown to a table. Throughout our entire meal, our waitress expertly attended to our needs. She seemed to be juggling about ten different tasks at the same time with incredible ease. (She deserves extra kudos because we also saw her waiting on a table and speaking to the customers in what I think must have been Russian or maybe Polish, and yet another with the most obnoxious, uncooperative children and equally rude parents, who blamed the waitress for there not being a kid's menu. All the while she was incredibly sweet and patient.)
The food was PERFECT. I've never had better prime rib, the flavor and the texture of the mashed potatoes were superb, and the creamed spinach was the best I've ever had. (It wasn't until the next day that we learned that their chef was voted this year's Best of Delaware. We certainly weren't surprised!)
I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone with a desire for high-quality food and fantastic service.

• Visited November 2013
Fenwick Island, Delaware
“Not for me”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I went to the Café for lunch with 26 neighbors.. We only had choices of 4 items on the menu and had reservations. We waited 20 minutes to get our drinks.. 20 more minutes to order and 30 more minutes to get our meals.. One girl was working and she wasn't even good. We were in tables of 4 and 6. The waitress would bring a plate to a table and say "Did you order this?" Our table of four got each of our meals at least 5 minutes apart. She brought two of the hot plates first. We are women that do things right so we didn't start eating till everyone had there plates.. The food was fair.. I will never go here again. I live in Fenwick 15 minutes away and I will choose any number of wonderful restaurants in our area.. I find it amazing that we never saw a manager or owner to apologize or help.. I have owned business's in the hospitality industry. I would have been out there doing something.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank leisuresusie
Wilmington, Delaware
“Fabulous Food”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We went to this restaurant as my partner needs to find gluten free foods and we were over awed by the variety and quality of the offering on their menu. All of their selections, gluten free or not, are fabulous...well prepared and well presented. The pricing is at the top of our range, but we feel that this is a special place to come for the extra special occasions in our life.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Cafe on 26? Share your experiences!