“I miss the Ipswich clams!”

NorthEast Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #13 of 24 Restaurants in Ocean View
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: NorthEast Seafood Kitchen is a local favorite among Delaware's impressive dining selection. With decor reminiscent of the true North East, the restaurant offers fresh, authentic North Eastern style seafood and other specialties. Outdoor Seating. Casual Dining. Large Bar. Simple beautiful food.
Baltimore, Maryland
“I miss the Ipswich clams!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

My meal at Northeast was always one of their great salads, the Ipswich clam appetizer, and a glass of wine. It was perfection for me: just the right amount of food. The last time I was there (6 mos. ago), I had something like 9 clams as my serving!! When I asked about it, the server said they had reduced the serving size (but not the price) and that I could order the clam meal the next time if I wanted a larger portion. But I don't want the fries and coleslaw that come with the meal - just my usual salad and wine! There is no next time, and I still miss those clams.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank gracie5047

Arlington, VA
“Had another delicious dinner at NorthEast last weekend.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

It was my third visit this winter, and both my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal each time. I have a difficult time getting past the red and yellow beet salad, which I've had every time I've been there. I generally will go with whatever is fresh -- the first time I went I had the rockfish, served on a bed of several different beans. Absolutely delicious. The next time I had the cod, which was served in a fish broth with mussels and clams,and some spinach, corn and . I practically licked the bottom of the bowl. And this past Saturday it was back to rockfish, although this time it was prepared differently.

Each time we've been there the portions have been generous -- we've all cleaned our plates, but there certainly was no room for dessert. Our waitress has always been attentive and responsive. The wine list includes one of our favorites, so never a problem there.

I'm sure others have noted that it's in a somewhat unlikely location, at the end of a small strip mall perpendicular to the road. But don't be fooled by the surroundings -- inside are some very talented people who turn out some of the best seafood around.

• Visited February 2012
Millville, DE
“Tremendously improved, new chef and new manager.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

After an incident at another local spot, we stopped at this restaurant to see if it had improved. In the past, it had been poor, at best, and we had stayed away for 2 years after a horrible meal. Friends said it had improved. The restaurant has a new manager, chef and attitude. I was pleasantly surprised that they had a wheat beer in stock that is very rare. The meal was excellent from that point. The salads were flawless and we ordered 2 lobster dishes which were impeccably done. Manager checked on every table to see if the meal was progressing satisfatorily as did our waitress.
Looks like another good spot in the area. Only drawback is that it is very noisy in Summer when full. Caution - do not look for atmosphere but if the current standard continues - who cares!

• Visited December 2011
Bethany Beach
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

My husband and I just stopped in the restaraunt on a lark. Oh how happy we were. We were immediately greeted by friendliness from at least two individuals, then immediately seated (though this is the off season in Bethany Beach). The waitress was prompt, friendly, informative and attentive. Our food was delicious AND then we find out that Monday night (our night) is "25% off the total bill" night. This was a really pleasant experience. Their menu contained a nice variety of seafood dishes.

• Visited November 2011
Kingston, New York
“Awesome food, attentive service, great value.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

We really like good food. This place did it for us. We arrived Sunday night around 6:30, only 3 tables occupied. We had Bogie as our server, she went out of her way to confirm the fish stew recipe, which was full of fish & shellfish, onions & roasted garlic in a tomato base. We started with NE fish chowder, steamers & beet salad. All were awesome. Along with the fish chowder, we had the Seafood newburg, white sauce, full of fish & shellfish. Pumpkin bread pudding & maple walnut ice cream for dessert.