“Our daughter's wedding weekend of October 13, 2013!”

Hilton Wilmington / Christiana
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Newark
PA
“Our daughter's wedding weekend of October 13, 2013!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were so happy with all the services that this hotel offered for the weekend of our daughter's wedding! The front desk hotel staff managed all our welcome bags, perfectly! We enjoyed a banquet room for our hairstylists to arrive on a Sunday to do our bride & bridesmaid's hair and make-up and had lunch in that room as well! So lovely! The after party at the bar, with hoagies, was great! Just the right amount of sandwiches too! The next morning was a beautiful breakfast, so bountiful and delicious! This is an awesome hotel and the staff there, are so helpful and just wonderful! They host a lot of affairs there, and I can see why!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
bwenger, General Manager at Hilton Wilmington / Christiana, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
WOW! This is quite a review! Thank you very much for letting us have the opportunity to take care of such a special occasion. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Grosmont, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

It is some year's since we last stayed here, but it is just a great place to stay straight from the airport on a PA roadtrip.

The executive lounge is just so homely and comfortable.

The rooms are very spacious and well equipped.

Service at the desk and at breakfast was efficient and friendly.

Great places to eat locally too.

I will return, and do recommend that you give it a go too.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on your visit. We are thrilled you entrusted us with the wedding! We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed over one night with my family, we arrived very late (after 11pm) and the parking lot was completely full. There was some parking on the side of the hotel, but not very well lit, and didn't feel safe. As soon as we got out of the car, there was a lot of noise in the parking area. Several groups of people who appeared and acted intoxicated. Inside the hallways was much worse. On our floor there were large groups of young "adults" walking up and down the hall, who smelled very strongly of marijuana. Long after midnight the noise in the hallway and in the parking lot continued. I would not let anyone in my family leave the room even to get ice. Didn't feel safe. Room was OK, not great. Could have had a cleaner feel. Honestly my perception was probably tainted just from the walk to the room. We chose a Hilton hoping to avoid the riff-raff, but unfortunately that was not the case. I could in no way recommend this place to a family. We were extremely disappointed and didn't get much sleep.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
bwenger, General Manager at Hilton Wilmington / Christiana, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your visit. I'm sorry you and your family felt unsafe. We take the safety and security of all of our guests very seriously so I am concerned you experienced this environment. I would welcome a more detailed conversation about the concerns you have. I can be reached directly at 302-781-7048.
Newark
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I held my daughter's wedding at the Hilton Wilmington/Christiana and my guest stayed there as well. It was the perfect setting for the wedding. I received nothing but good comments from family and friends about the rooms and the beautiful grounds. The picture shoot areas for the wedding provided beautiful backgrounds. The staff was very helpful on the wedding day, especially since this was my first time as Mother of the Bride. All expectations were met and in a friendly and timely manner. The bride and groom were very happy with the ceremony and their complimentary room. My family requested this hotel when we celebrate the couple's first anniversary.

Room Tip: Upper floors quieter, courtyard view was best.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking time to post the feedback on your recent visit. We really appreciate the fact you entrusted us with the wedding! I'm glad it was a fantastic experience. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This hotel was Wonderful! The specifics I requested prior to check in were fulfilled along the the entire staff making you feel like "the special guest" I loved the fire pit on the patio to sit and relax!! 3 weddings took place during our stay and everything was handled perfectly!I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bwenger, General Manager at Hilton Wilmington / Christiana, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you very much for the high praise! I'm glad you had a fantastic weekend. We hope to see you back in the near future!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My huband & I came to the Hilton Christiana for a one-night stay, with their "Romantic Package".
The staff at the front desk was nice, the room was spacious & clean, more executive than romantic, however we were pleased. The complimentary snacks at the lounge were great.
On the down side: we had to call & remind the front desk to send us Champange that was included in the package that we ordered.
Also, breakfast was very limited & being that we are both musicians, we were disgusted to see the buffet's plates & cups all served on a grand piano-- we feel as though they could have picked a different unique presentation.
Overall pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Executive Floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the hotel for your romantic getaway. I'm glad you found our staff friendly and the room accomodating. I'd love to hear more feedback about how we can expand our selection from a breakfast standpoint. We will re-evaluate the set-up and consider your suggestion about the piano.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had been driving for hours relocating my daughter from our home to Boston, MA for the start of her school year. I had stopped at several hotels and I kept getting turned away. My daughter and I were exhausted and needed a safe place to stay because it was approaching midnight. I walked into Hilton and I explained by situation and Corliss A. was so understanding and did the best she could to accommodate the both of us. She made sure we parked in a parking spot close by, because my daughter's car was full of all her belongings & essentials that she would need for school. We didn't have any cash on us for the vending machine and we were so thirsty for some water. She got us 2 bottles of water, HER TREAT! She knew that we were just drained from the driving & the toll relocating a child takes on a parent.... & she definitely did what she could to HELP! The hotel was beautiful, comfortable & CLEAN! THANK YOU MS. CORLISS A. for all you did that nite, you were a BLESSING TO US!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
WOW! Thank you for taking the time to shower us with this praise! We have quite a few other stories we could share about Corlis (our night auditor). She is a real service-oriented difference maker and loves the opportunity to make a positive impression. We will certainly take the time to celebrate this review with her and the team.