“My Hotel Of Choice When In The Area”

Hilton Wilmington / Christiana
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Newark
London, United Kingdom
“My Hotel Of Choice When In The Area”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have stayed here on many occasions. My minimum stay is a week, the longest three weeks. The staff are pleasant, bar okay, business lounge very useful and breakfast has most things. I saw a review here saying there were not many restaurants nearby but that's simply not true, I can think of six just across the road and within a five minute walk. Someone's just not looking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
bwenger, General Manager at Hilton Wilmington / Christiana, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you very much for continuing to choose us when you come to town. We are honored to serve you. We know how tough it is to be on the road so much so we really try hard to make it a fun, family atmosphere for our guests. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I recently had my reception at the Hilton Wilmington/Christiana, and I could not have been more pleased! The entire staff from the front desk, butler, chef, servers, etc. took much care to ensure excellent service from the first visit through the morning after our event. Most of the credit goes to Leah Markiewicz, who handled all the details of the event and did a beautiful job. I highly recommend the hotel for any events. We were also pleased with the cleanliness of our room, and the bed was very comfortable too! All in all a perfect time! Thank you to all the staff at the Hilton!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
WOW! Thanks for such positive feedback! We really appreciate you entrusting us with your special day. I'm glad we exceeded expectations. See you on your first anniversary (and hopefully sooner)!
Halethorpe, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Clean rooms, friendly staff, location was ideal to our needs...A bit noisy at night and not many restraunts in the direct area. Rooms wer well kept and very affordable. A very nice courtyard and pool, both well kept.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have not been happy with the Hilton hotel chain lately. I booked the Christiana Hilton for a leisure weekend because I am a Diamond member and I wanted to get the points. Also it was close to the casino. It is a beautiful hotel. I received a wonderful upgrade and the room was beautiful and very clean. I stay in a lot of Hiltons on the east coast and this is by far the best one. Staff is super friendly and helpful too.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback at the hotel. We really appreciate it. I'm glad you had such a positive experience. Hopefully this will give you motivation to continue to try Hiltons in other areas. Regardless, we hope to see you soon!
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We have had smaller group activities at the Christiana/Hilton and have always had excellent service.
This conference was a weekend affair. We planned over several months with Patty Harris and Katie McNally. We could not ask for better service provided by these two ladies. The entire staff was courteous and friendly to all of our guests attending the conference. Everyone had a wonderful time and we will return to the Christiana Hilton in Newark, DE in the near future.
Thanks for your kindness in every aspect of this conference.

Shirley Farr, Chairperson

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking time to post feedback about your experience at the hotel. We really appreciate you choosing us. I will be sure to give props to Katie and Patty. They are two of the best! We hope to see you again soon.
Georgetown, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband was at Christiana for six days, and my stay at the Hilton eased my stress. When the hospital called to ask how long it would take me to be there one morning, I was glad to be able to say "ten minutes." The accommodations were excellent, particularly the food.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for posting your positive experience about the hotel. We really appreciate it. I hope your husband is doing well. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist in the future.
Miami, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Hotel is a bit older and could use some modernization, but the service at the hotel makes it a good stay. The staff is friendly and warm - the restaurants, room service, and particularly the front desk and make a week away from home a lot easier.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for giving us such positive feedback about your visit. I'm happy you found our people and service to your liking. We just installed new guestroom carpet throughout the entire hotel and that has made a huge difference. We hope to see you again soon!