“Full service hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Newark
NE
“Full service hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel is a bit older, but quiet and clean. I got upgraded due to my HH Gold status (thanks!) and the executive floor drink/hh room staff was very friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was amazing! Hotel is close to the interstate.

1 Thank ALWAYSTRAVELWELL
bwenger, General Manager at Hilton Wilmington / Christiana, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your review! Though the property opened in 1984, we have done major renovations in all our guest rooms and public areas just recently. We are getting ready to update the Brasserie Grille and build a deck along the Swan Pond soon! We invite you to come back in the Spring!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Christiana for a family wedding in January, and I feel that this hotel had every amenity one should expect from a reputable brand like Hilton. Friendly Staff, Comfortable Rooms, Modern Interiors, Classical Exteriors, and of course, the wonderful array of breakfast are all attributes of this hotel. I would not hesitate to stay again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rahul K
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! Glad you had the opportunity to enjoy all the amenities we have to offer in the winter! Be sure to come back in the summer to soak up the sun at our pool and enjoy happy hour on The Patio after watching our daily Swan Feeding!
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is the first time i stayed in Hilton Christiana during my stay at Delaware. The location is great. Staff is courteous. Loved the breakfast, especially the Omelete guy.
The shuttle staff was great with my daily transfers to office and my occasional shopping spree at the Christiana Mall.
The room was pretty standard Business Hotel, nothing fancy, though the Air conditioning unit kept making noises thru my stay.
The only little concern i had was with some of my local calls i made to Dover from my room phone and i was surprised to see that i was charged, where as the leaflet in my room clearly mentioned that all calls made at 302 area code was free of charge.
The hotel were initially reluctant but later on removed it from my bill.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Krishnendu C
bwenger, General Manager at Hilton Wilmington / Christiana, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Don, the omelet chef, is fantastic; making breakfast a special experience beyond the most important meal of the day! Our convenient, complimentary shuttle servicing the local area makes it simple to get around. We apologize for the inconvenience with your AC and we have had our Engineers look at it. Glad we were able to take care of your phone bill. We look forward to seeing you again for business or pleasure!
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I didn't have anything to do this past NYE so we searched for a nice NYE event. We found The Hilton Wilmington / Christiana to have a very reasonable NYE package. When we got there everyone was very helpful and eager to make our stay wonderful. The Hotel was very close to the gaming venue, very clean and well kept. The holiday decorations were AMAZING.... OH DID I SAY THE DECORATIONS WERE "AMAZING" LOL, yes they were. The room was very nice and the fact that we had opted for the executive package put us on the top floor with special key card access to the floor. That little extra along with the made us feel a bit special. The NYE dinner included in the package was AWESOME, the portions were great. The Filet was of a very generous size and cooked to perfection, topped with Succulent Jumbo Shrimp. The hotel had three different ball rooms and ball drops with a great variety of musical themes.To put it short, Hilton Wilmington / Christiana we will see you again next year.... We had GREAT time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank josephandkari
bwenger, General Manager at Hilton Wilmington / Christiana, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
I'm glad you had such a great time for New Year's! Don't wait a whole year to come back and see us! We do a fantastic job for all of the holidays!
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

This Hilton property is a gem. I have stayed in resort towns with Hiltons that do not compare to this property. From check in to check out, I was impressed.

Check in was super fast. I made my reservation on the phone through the Diamond Line while driving to the hotel (avoiding the blizzard further north). I thought for sure that I would be waiting for the whole pick-a-room process when I arrived, but my key was ready and I was quickly in my room.

The room was standard, but very clean and tidy. The bathroom was the same.

The bed was so-so...and the pillows even more so-so, but not enough to cause me any sleep issues. The temp in the room was a little hard to maintain at a comfortable level, but it was a crazy windy night and that might have played havoc with some drafts in the room.

The breakfast was good - simple and the layout kept everyone from crashing into one another. The folks maintaining the breakfast area were pleasant and attentive, but not annoying. It is a bit of an odd location in the hallway area, but it was a good use of a space and there was no foot traffic to speak of that made it uncomfortable.

Overall...great location and I will be back.

2 Thank LeaveFromPA
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times over the last four years or so. You can always count on a warm reception from the staff who is always helpful and courteous. The rooms are well appointed and always impeccably clean. The hotel services are without par. Other reviewer comments about the shower pressure are spot on; after a workout in the gym (all top notch PRECOR gear) what a treat....a soothing "water massage"!

1 Thank Bradford P
We really appreciate your feedback! It is truly our goal to provide an experience like you can't get anywhere else. I'm glad we were successful in your case!
Thomasville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have been staying here since last August for business and the staff is wonderful. When I walk in the staff is so out-going, they treat you just like family. They make sure you have everything you need and if you feel like the room is not comfortable or need anything, they make sure you feel comfortable and secure. The rooms are always fresh and clean.

It is a great place to stay if you want to be treated like a family member not a guest.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Tarkessa F
bwenger, General Manager at Hilton Wilmington / Christiana, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your kind review! As a family run company, we understand the importance of treating each other, and certainly our guests, like family. We are delighted that your extended stay was just as compfortable as home making us your home away from home. With bed boards, feather or foam pillows, refigerators, and microwaves, etc available upon request, plus any item you could possibly need, we work hard to ensure your stay is perfect. Thank you again!