“We will be back, again and again!”

Hilton Wilmington / Christiana
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed January 21, 2012

What a fantastic hotel. From the first moment we arrived, we were greeted warmly and treated as honored guests. The front desk staff were excellent and called us by name from the very beginning of our stay. No request was considered trivial and was carried out with great consideration. This hotel is definitely a keeper.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DCLegalLady
There are newer reviews for Hilton Wilmington / Christiana

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Last minute trip through Delaware over Thanksgiving. Booked on line. Candidly I regretted it from the moment I walked in the hotel. Reception wasn't rude but they weren't friendly or even welcoming. Hotel charges for wifi (Hilton Garden Inn usually doesn't which I mentioned - person at reception said "we do."

The room was ok. Big issue was there was a hockey tournament or something in the hotel and the kids were running all over the place - in public places, up and down hallways - and neither the hotel or parents did anything to keep them quiet.

Looks like more of a conference hotel. But for individual travel (business or leisure) I would definitely look at a Hilton Garden Inn or another hotel than this one.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Our favorite place to stay when visiting familily in Delaware. Great location, beautiful hotel, nice rooms and good staff. We like the buffet breakfast. Rates can't be beat by even lesser class facilities.

1  Thank JFCSpartaNJ
Reviewed January 7, 2012

A Hilton property that aims to please. Very helpful and courteous staff that works hard to accommodate all requests. Well equipped fitness center and business center available to all guests without additional charge. If breakfast is an important event, you won"t want to miss this one. Excellent variety of fresh wholesome foods for everyone regardless of taste or diet particulars. Lots of activities close by. I always look forward to a return visit, especially when the Executive Lounge is available.

Room Tip: They are all good. I prefer a high floor, but that's just my preference.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Les B
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Two parts: First, got my two room via Priceline for $50/night/per room. Second, the hotel advertises that they accept pets.

PROBLEM: they charged me $50/night for my Maultese! When I checked in!

ISSUE: Neither Priceline nor the hotel state anywhere that there will be an additional change for pets.

Such charges need to be stated clealy and UPFRONT.

Different matter: Called and asked for an adjoining room an hour earlier, told the front deak lady that I would be there within the hour, showed up to check-in, was told none were available. Their words have no worthiness.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Hubby & I recently stayed at this hotel for New Year's weekend. We've stayed here numerous times in the past and have never had a problem. For New Year's Eve, they had a variety of packages available at very reasonable prices. The property itself is well kept & clean. They have a beautiful pond with swans out in front. The staff are very friendly and the breakfast at the restaurant on site is truly fantastic. We used the shuttle to go to Delaware Park and it was wonderful. They did have people staying at the hotel for 2 different weddings, but I didn't have any problems in relation to that. It was New Year's Eve and although we heard a few revelers going back to their rooms in the wee hours of the morning, it wasn't an issue. Shower pressure was fantastic as well which we sometimes find to be lacking at other properties. They do charge $5.95/night for internet access in your room if you choose to use, which I find a tad ridiculous to charge. Just use the business center if need be to check e-mail/print out directions. Very close to shopping/restaurants. Highly recommend to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JennyDoodles
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I was billed a $250 smoking fee upon check-out. Was told a manager smelled smoke coming from my room at 1 pm. Problem was I left my room for business at 8am and returned at 9 pm.
Desk clerk would not remove the charge and told me a manager would not be in for two more hours and I would have to wait if I wanted to resolve the matter. I asked that corporate Hilton get involved and was told that this hotel is privately owned and they would be no help. Only when I called the local police did the clerk phone the manger and get the charge voided.

1  Thank WILLIAM S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington Christiana
Hotel du Pont
Hotel du Pont
#2 of 13 in Wilmington
Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall

Been to Hilton Wilmington / Christiana? Share your experiences!