“Great hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Wilmington, Delaware
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

I'm a Hilton Diamond member and travel 52 weeks a year. Having stayed in a number of Hilton properties, this ranks as one of the better properties i've stayed in. The rooms are generally clean and serviceable, although (as one poster already noted), the bathrooms need better ventilation.

The bar offers a full menu, as does the restaurant, and I've had no complaints at all with the food. (Their fruit smothered in Godiva chocolate liqueur is a personal favorite.) And the breakfast buffet should have something to suit just about anyone.

I usually stay on the upper floors, so noise is minimal, unless i'm in a room directly across from the elevator (the floors there are tile, so it's extremely noisy). And it's a treat to have windows that actually open!

The staff is always friendly and attentive, and even offered to hold my suitcase over the weekend so i don't have to haul it back and forth every week. Overall, a pleasure to stay here.

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

I have been a Hilton Diamond member for a few years. I stayed at this hotel for three weeks on business. The first two weeks were fine, even though they never remembered extra pillows that I always request. The third week, however, they ignored my profile information and put me on the bottom floor. The atmosphere was extremely loud, and there was an outside ashtray right next to my sliding door, and I was forced to listen to late night conversations and people talking on cell phones up until midnight. The room was also right by an exit, so it was loud in the hallway as well. The room was not exactly clean, and there were a few stinkbugs as well. When I told the front desk that I was unhappy, they said they would look into it. After I had checked out, they called me. When I explained my problem, they told me it was my fault because of the type of room I had requested. Since this is a very large hotel, I find it hard to believe that the only available room was on the very unsecure first floor. And I can't believe they tried to blame this on me - they also told me it was my fault when my keys would no longer work because I must have kept them near a credit card. I've stayed in enough hotels to know not to do this. I would not recommend this hotel. It's very loud and the food is horrible. If you have any problems, it is apparently your own fault.

Room Tip: Not on the first floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Irvine, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

As expected from the Hilton brand, this was a clean, well appointed, reasonably upscale hotel. Rooms were moderate size with traditional decor. There was good lighting, sofa, desk, and closet. The room was clean. Window opens. Climate control, however, recirculates room air. The hotel has three wings which surround a central courtyard with a pool. Rooms facing the courtyard are subject to noise from the pool area in the evening during fair weather. The hotel is on expansive grounds, with a pond in the front with swans, which are fed each evening about 5.30 pm. (check with front desk for exact time). Parking is free. Service in the restaurant was very slow. The breakfast buffet was expansive.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the central courtyard if pool noise in the evening is a problem for you.
putnam county, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

This hotel was very nice. i had to check in last minute and come down to Deleware for a family emergency but the comfort of the hotel was top notch! I felt at ease at this hotel. The reservation agent I dealt with when I called was very nice and accomdated all of my needs! Overall a great visit!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

No complaints on this hotel at all.

Nice comfortable beds, 42 inch flat screen tv, small/mini refrigerator, free wireless internet. spacious room, with desk.

Lee's Summit, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

I am a diamond level member therefore get upgraded to the best rooms. This hotel is certainly acceptable but is in need of some updates. Decor in room is outdated but they do have a nice flat screen tv in the room. Room was clean and staff was efficient. Restaurant needs to better train the servers.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

When we arrived we were told our reservations were only for two days when they were booked for three. When I returned the next morning 10-1-11, to find out if this oversight had been corrected I was rudely told that our reservations were for three days. No apologies for their mistake, I guess I should have known they had it straightened out instead of asking. Charged a $50 deposit on the room for "incidentals" and snottily told that ALL hotels do that, not at all true. Bathrooms have no exhaust fans so you have to wait 20 minutes after a shower to be able to see in the mirror. Housekeepers came into our room even when we had the sign out to NOT clean our room, they left papers on the bed so there is no question that they were in there and not only snooped through our luggage as the luggage was not in the same postions as it was when we left , but also turned the heat up so when we came back the room was stifling! Shameful

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family