“Wedded Bliss”

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Baltimore, Maryland
“Wedded Bliss”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

My daughter chose this hotel for her wedding & reception over a number of other locations in the area. She made an excellent choice. The hotel is spacious and well maintained and the food was excellent. The hotel's events planner worked with my daughter to pin down the details and when it came to the day of the wedding you could tell the staff knew what they were doing. Even with a big storm coming in, there were no mistakes. I had reserved several rooms under my Hilton Honors number. The front desk called the day before to verify my reservations and cancelled an extra room I no longer needed. I highly recommend this location for special events.

Room Tip: Large rooms, comfortable beds, mini fridge
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bethel, Connecticut
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I decided to think out side the box for my wife's birthday, we have taken may trips over the years, and for most, the trips involved a casino.We've done many casino trips, but never any in Delaware.Provided a great review from a friend on the Hilton Wilmington/Christiana I booked a room.Later that evening I received my confirmation e-mail as promised, and there is a place to click for an upgrade, well who doesn't like upgrades, so I signed up. When I arrived at the front desk, I was greeted by two of the most friendly people, they had huge smiles and a genuine willingness to help. I was told that they were able to upgrade our room.The next day after a restful, quiet night the wife and I were treated to a great breakfast, my wife is still talking about that omelet.
Every person of the Hilton's staff we encountered during our stay were courteous, and friendly. The grounds were kept neat as well as the interior, a place my wife and I cherish to stay at.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I stayed here during the hurricane and was very impressed with how the hotel and staff handled it. The hotel was full and it was a very difficult situation. My thanks to the management and staff that stayed during the storm to take care of the guests.

San Jose, California
Reviewed August 29, 2011

It is great to show up to this hotel. The staff is very friendly and willing to help out if they can especially the breakfast staff. Two of the reasons why I choose this hotel is the room service and breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Montpelier, Vermont
Reviewed August 28, 2011

A great place to stay while traveling, the restaurant was very good, the bed comfy. I would stop again while driving south to visit friends and family.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
New Jersey
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding and had a great experience! When I made the reservation, I asked that we be able to check in early as we were attending the wedding that day. I called a few days prior to our arrival and the staff put another note in our reservation requesting early check in, although informed me they were booked the night before and it might not be possible. I called the hotel when we were about a half an hour away and was told we could check in early!
We also requested a "stand by upgrade" when we made our reservation and were in fact upgraded to a lanai room with a door out to the courtyard. We loved this as we had easy access to the pool and were also able to spend time outside with ease.
The room itself was a bit small, but the beds were quite comfortable. The food we ordered through room service was good and we also ate at the breakfast buffett which we thought was good as well.
Our interactions with the staff were pleasant and we found the hotel itself to be quite clean. The hotel was also in a very good location for our purposes.
I definitely recommend this hotel!

Nashua, NH
Reviewed August 20, 2011

From the time I went up to the front desk to register for my room I was treated like I was the only guest in the hotel. The woman at the reservation desk seeing that I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member immediately upgraded me to a king size room on the 4th floor with all the amenities that went with it. She then offered me an extra late check out the next day if I needed the room to change from my business suit to something more comfortable for the long ride back to New England. I have been staying at Hilton Properties since the Hilton Honors started years ago. This stay will go down probably as the best experience I have ever had at a Hilton property.

Room Tip: If you have the points use them ..
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo