“They did well despite Hurricane Irene”

Hilton Wilmington / Christiana
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I stayed here during the hurricane and was very impressed with how the hotel and staff handled it. The hotel was full and it was a very difficult situation. My thanks to the management and staff that stayed during the storm to take care of the guests.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,368)

Reviewed August 29, 2011

It is great to show up to this hotel. The staff is very friendly and willing to help out if they can especially the breakfast staff. Two of the reasons why I choose this hotel is the room service and breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2011

A great place to stay while traveling, the restaurant was very good, the bed comfy. I would stop again while driving south to visit friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding and had a great experience! When I made the reservation, I asked that we be able to check in early as we were attending the wedding that day. I called a few days prior to our arrival and the staff put another note in our reservation requesting early check in, although informed me they were booked the night before and it might not be possible. I called the hotel when we were about a half an hour away and was told we could check in early!
We also requested a "stand by upgrade" when we made our reservation and were in fact upgraded to a lanai room with a door out to the courtyard. We loved this as we had easy access to the pool and were also able to spend time outside with ease.
The room itself was a bit small, but the beds were quite comfortable. The food we ordered through room service was good and we also ate at the breakfast buffett which we thought was good as well.
Our interactions with the staff were pleasant and we found the hotel itself to be quite clean. The hotel was also in a very good location for our purposes.
I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2011

From the time I went up to the front desk to register for my room I was treated like I was the only guest in the hotel. The woman at the reservation desk seeing that I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member immediately upgraded me to a king size room on the 4th floor with all the amenities that went with it. She then offered me an extra late check out the next day if I needed the room to change from my business suit to something more comfortable for the long ride back to New England. I have been staying at Hilton Properties since the Hilton Honors started years ago. This stay will go down probably as the best experience I have ever had at a Hilton property.

Room Tip: If you have the points use them ..
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Be aware that there is a wi-fi charge of $5.99 per day whether you use it or not. I must of missed it in the fine print. Desk clerks were helpful. The restaurant at the hotel was excellent. Need to request for fresh towels.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night for my daughter's lacrosse tournament. The hotel had a welcoming banner in the lobby for the tournament, a nice touch that the girls appreciated. The room was comfortable and there was an area with seating near the pool for the team pizza party. The room had a darkening shades at the windows. The staff opened the breakfast buffet early (6:30) for the team, so we could get to early games. Oddly they only provided complimentary breakfast passes for two people per room; since there were three in our family, we bought an additional pass for $10. There was also a charge for wifi.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family