“Quiet and Relaxing Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Wilmington Newark/Christiana

Residence Inn Wilmington Newark/Christiana
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Virginia
“Quiet and Relaxing Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was impressed as I drove up to the office. The grounds and the flowers were so beautiful. The staff at the front desk as so warm and friendly. I would give this Marriott an Excellent in spite of the age of these villas. The bedding is nice and white and so are the towels. Great cleaning staff. The breakfast was wonderful and many choices. A thank you to the lady who sets up breakfast for you. Be sure to thank her personally.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kps2play

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I've stayed here intermittently throughout the past two years. The first time for work and the rest for leisure. The rooms are adequate and the staff is nice. The rooms have a kitchen so I didn't have to spend too much money eating out. I like how the rooms are more apartment style with private entrances (where we don't have to go through the front desk). Being a female and traveling alone for most of the trips I really feel safe staying here. The location is also really close to everything.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mryan208
Gaithersburg, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

While I got business pricing due to travel arrangements for my employer, I stayed here every 2 months for about 2 years for meetings up the street on Chapman. PROS - proximity to activities in Delaware and price. Service was always great and have had no complaints after having stayed approximately 12 times in the last couple years.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Otheezy
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Full disclosure - I was able to get a nice 'corporate' rate but was planning on staying here anyway.

PROs
- I love the space in the Residence Inn suites.
- A small but well equipment fitness center.
- Nice breakfast in the mornings.
- The staff was VERY friendly. Nice job!

CONs
- It's a little 'loud.' The property is close to the interstate and the trees aren't enough to block all the noise. Also, it sounded like someone (kids?) were playing tackle football or something in the room above me and I hear them most of the afternoon and early evening.
- It didn't look like I had a ton of options for dining in the local area (I found a Red Robin and it was very good).

TIP:
- The sign for the property is hidden behind some trees, and you will go right past the entrance if you are going too fast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Berentski
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had to attend a function in New Jersey and decided to stay in a hotel closer to our destination. We chose the Residence Inn because we stay in them often and like the "extras". We arrived just as the Light Fare was being cleared away and the staff very kindly made up two plates for us, so we could take them back to our room.
Our room was large, spotlessly clean and had all the comforts we have come to expect of the brand. Even though the highway is very close, we heard absolutely no noise at all.
After a restful night, we had a good breakfast and went on our way!
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Branchville, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Like a lot of Residence Inns, it is a good hotel with comfortable rooms and friendly, unassuming service. The staff was warm and helpful, the breakfast was reasonable.

Despite being located next to a freeway, the hotel rooms are fairly quiet, and it provides easy access. It would also be a good choice for someone who was driving up I95 to stop for the night, and much more reasonably priced than hotels in the DC or Philadelphia area, although it is not commutable from either one. Easy commute to northern Maryland.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor in one of the middle buildings are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time staying at this hotel. I drove by it plenty of times and even chose to stay at other hotels instead; mistake on my part because this hotel is great. We had 2 suites; a 2 bedroom and a 1 bedroom. I've stayed at several other extended stay hotels in the area, and this hotel definitely stands out. The rooms are very clean and spacious. They feel and look like your own mini apartment. The 2 bedroom suite has an upstairs loft; which makes for even more space. The rooms have a FULL kitchen complete with normal size 4 burner stove as well as an oven. Each room has a flat screen and the beds are very comfortable. The living room has a pullout sofa for extra sleeping space. There is a basketball court, gym, laundry facility, and outdoor pool. Next to the pool there are additional tables and chairs overlooking a mini pond. The kids loved looking at the turtles in the pond while we sat outside eating dinner. I love the outside entrance to each room, but what stood out for me was the staff. Each person I came in contact with was extremely friendly, polite, and went out of their way to help a guest. I had issues at other extended stay hotels with extending our stay if an event was in town. The management here went above and beyond to make that process of extending our stay stress free. Since losing our home to a flood its been hard on my children, but staying here has made the situation a lot easier to deal with. I would MOST DEFINITELY recommend this hotel to anyone with a family or someone looking for a great place to stay on business.

• Stayed June 2013