“Awesome Red Roof Review”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Northampton, Pennsylvania
“Awesome Red Roof Review”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I travel to Delaware a couple times a month and tried several other hotels including other Red Roof Inn properties and this location is by far my favorite choice of stay. I enjoy everything about this location from the great room rates and deals to the outstanding costumer service at the front desk from both gentlemen that I have met. I also received a great complimentary breakfast, which was defiantly a plus to my morning. While staying there I noticed how spacious and clean the rooms appear to be. I would defiantly stay here again and strongly recommend this hotel to many others!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Howard Johnson N, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell about your stay with our hotel. We work very hard to ensure that each and every guest enjoy their experience. See you next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Between the location in Wilmington and this one, I chose Newark because it provided breakfast, so that was a definite plus. We had a fairly late check in, which went smoothly and the front desk person was friendly. However, when we got to the room, we discovered that the tv was not functioning properly. As we had to leave to go somewhere almost immediately, we didn't address this until we got back, a few hours later. At that point the night auditor had come on duty and although at times he seemed a little reluctant, he did do everything he could to help when we reported the problem.

I asked if we could move rooms and try another one and he was able to switch us. He was very patient while I went back and forth and tried the tv in the second room (which worked fine) and overall did what he could to help us with the problem.

Both rooms were clean and well kept. The one consistent complaint I usually have is that there aren't enough towels provided, but this is usually alleviated by asking for more.

I've been happy with Red Roof Inns overall recently and despite this issue, this one is no exception. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sorcha80
Thank you for your review. I have taken note of your concerns and will share with my team. Please come back and stay with us again to give us the opportunity to show you our hospitality.
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn this week. The room was clean, neat and spacious. I also received excellent help from a gentleman at the front desk by the name of Pragnesh. He was very nice, friendly and courteous. Also the rest of the staff was very nice as well. I passed a gentleman in the hall and before i left i saw two maids who were also very friendly. Oh and the bed was very soft lol. I had an overall good experience and i will definitely be going back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to your next stay with us.
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed at the Red Roof Inn with my team for a tournament at the University of Delaware. The service was great, and they were very accommodating for special requests like extra towels and toiletries. Only thing was the eggs were a little funky at breakfast. But besides that, great experience!

• Stayed March 2014
Howard Johnson N, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value the fact that you stayed with us for an event at UD. We will share your comments about the eggs with our breakfast team members and I assure you that won't be the case next time you stay. Hope to see you again!
Chesapeake City, Maryland
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stay there frequently and the staff is always friendly, especially Kesha, who always goes out of her way to make sure I have a flat screen tv. They are willing to work with whatever requests you have with no problem and always smile while doing it. Definitely worth the stay thanks for everything guys!

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for your review. Kesha is an asset to us and we appreciate when someone takes the time to mention one of our team members and tells everyone what great service they provide. See you next time!
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I am now halfway through my stay here at the Red Roof Inn and I have been really happy with my stay here. The rooms are spacious and are kept very clean. I have been staying here 1.5 weeks and each evening I return to my room it feels like coming home. Mr. Pragnesh is always there with advice and a smile. All the staff are really friendly. I really enjoy my stay here and want to thank them all!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Howard Johnson N, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. All of our team pride themselves on their customer service and Pragnesh is one of our finest. Thank you again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My sister and I stayed at this Red Roof Inn near the campus of the University of Delaware on a very rainy weekend in january 2014. I called earlier to ask about room availability, and the manager on the phone was so kind and helpful. We did decide to stay there, the room rate was very inexpensive, and although the place is a little dated, it was fine for our stay. The great thing also was that it was only about 4 minutes to the restaurants and shops on the main street in the campus town.
Pragnesh and Sara were very nice, professional, and I would definately recommend staying there, especially if you are on a budget, as we were.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Howard Johnson N, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and mentioned our outstanding team members!