“Red Roof Review”

Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Newark, Delaware
“Red Roof Review”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn this week. The room was clean, neat and spacious. I also received excellent help from a gentleman at the front desk by the name of Pragnesh. He was very nice, friendly and courteous. Also the rest of the staff was very nice as well. I passed a gentleman in the hall and before i left i saw two maids who were also very friendly. Oh and the bed was very soft lol. I had an overall good experience and i will definitely be going back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Howard Johnson N, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed at the Red Roof Inn with my team for a tournament at the University of Delaware. The service was great, and they were very accommodating for special requests like extra towels and toiletries. Only thing was the eggs were a little funky at breakfast. But besides that, great experience!

• Stayed March 2014
Howard Johnson N, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value the fact that you stayed with us for an event at UD. We will share your comments about the eggs with our breakfast team members and I assure you that won't be the case next time you stay. Hope to see you again!
Chesapeake City, Maryland
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stay there frequently and the staff is always friendly, especially Kesha, who always goes out of her way to make sure I have a flat screen tv. They are willing to work with whatever requests you have with no problem and always smile while doing it. Definitely worth the stay thanks for everything guys!

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for your review. Kesha is an asset to us and we appreciate when someone takes the time to mention one of our team members and tells everyone what great service they provide. See you next time!
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I am now halfway through my stay here at the Red Roof Inn and I have been really happy with my stay here. The rooms are spacious and are kept very clean. I have been staying here 1.5 weeks and each evening I return to my room it feels like coming home. Mr. Pragnesh is always there with advice and a smile. All the staff are really friendly. I really enjoy my stay here and want to thank them all!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Howard Johnson N, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. All of our team pride themselves on their customer service and Pragnesh is one of our finest. Thank you again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My sister and I stayed at this Red Roof Inn near the campus of the University of Delaware on a very rainy weekend in january 2014. I called earlier to ask about room availability, and the manager on the phone was so kind and helpful. We did decide to stay there, the room rate was very inexpensive, and although the place is a little dated, it was fine for our stay. The great thing also was that it was only about 4 minutes to the restaurants and shops on the main street in the campus town.
Pragnesh and Sara were very nice, professional, and I would definately recommend staying there, especially if you are on a budget, as we were.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Howard Johnson N, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and mentioned our outstanding team members!
Ravenna, Ohio
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Nice for the price. Friendly staff(Regresh)especially. Very clean. Had flat screen, fridge,micro. Close to some restaurants in walking distance.University of Delaware right down the road. Very comfortable bed and pillows very roomy. Coffee all day in lobby. Sometimes danishes for breakfast.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Howard Johnson N, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for your review. Being a new Red Roof Inn, we are happy you enjoyed your stay. Our team sees guests as #1 and pride themselves when someone mentions their name. I'll make sure Pragnesh is acknowledged for doing such a wonderful job!
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is one of the best to me. But in room 247. They had a bed bug problem. We asked to move to another room and they moved us but this is where things took a turn. When we finally talked to the manager. The manager straight from the beginning called us liars. She told us that it couldn't have been bed bugs in our room. So I assured her that it was. Then she said if there was such a thing then we brought them in with us so she called the employee that checked the room after we moved out of it and he said he didnt see such a thing but the first employee she asked was saying yes that he seen something but she cut him off. So being feed up with being called liars we asked her to have the room and beds inspected again by a professional and when they confirm what we already know to apologize to us for treating us like lairs. We didnt ask for a free stay we asked if it was anything that she could do for the trouble and she refused.. well anyway the professionals came in and inspected the room and guess what they find.. bingo. They stripped the covers of the bed took the beds and box springs off the bed and everything. So I went up to the employee that said he didnt see anything and he confirmed that they found bed bugs... well anyway like I said from the beginning this hotel is not a bad hotel. But the manager does bad business. Shes not a person that excepts that shes wrong and she doesnt care anything about the customers satisfaction.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lee D
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Generally problems arise much sooner than 3 weeks into a guest's stay. Inspection was inconclusive, but we treated the room out of precaution. We do hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us.