“Good value”
Review of Quality Inn Newark

Quality Inn Newark
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Stay here all the time when I'm in town. Nothing fancy but the rooms are nice and clean. Breakfast is included, wifi is fairly fast, decent sized TV and staff is nice. Convenient to RT 95 and other major roads. Restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank biztraveler999

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed here for a short weekend trip to Philadelphia. The room was very clean and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. Reid at the front desk checked us in and he was very professional and even greeted me by name the next day when I walked by which was very impressive. The continental breakfast is one of the best I've seen and it was nice to see a hotel with ample seating in the breakfast area. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank CJ80Virginia
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed one night on our way to DC and didn't want to spend a lot for this overnight. The hotel was right off the highway (could actually see it from the parking lot) but didn't hear any cars or trucks which was great. The room was well lit and large enough for my family of three- even had a small area for my baby's stuff. Everything was clean and well maintained. You could only access the evelvators with a room key which was made it very secure. Breakfast had plenty of options and was well kept. Staff was friendly and very helpful especially when we arrived late. In case we decide on another trip south, would definitely stay here again if the price was right.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Off2Vaca
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I thought the room was clean and looked like the furniture and bathroom fixtures and vanity were fairly new, but the room had a musty smell that kinda hit you in the face the minute you opened the door. Once you were in the room for awhile it didn't seem so bad. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast area was too crowded, no seats available, so we got coffee and a muffin and left.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was the only hotel available at a reasonable rate in the Wilmington area the Saturday evening we stayed. The room was a little worn, but very clean. The area seemed quite safe and convenient to where we wanted to go. The breakfast was very good. The staff was friendly enough. Our only complaint was the internet was virtually unusable.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ColleenMurphy55
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I needed a stopover just to get some sleep traveling to NY from VA. I will admit I was nervous as a woman traveling alone to enter the hotel lobby.I noticed several men standing outside of hotel chatting.I asked for a 2nd floor room but request couldn't be accomadated since all rooms were sold out.I felt uneasy staying in a ground floor room. Room was clean but décor poor.Yellow walls irritated me.Bathroom the smallest I've ever seen in a hotel.Toilet seat had a crack in it.But,it was close to I95 and I left before breakfast was served at 7am.Bed was comfortable and plenty of food options in the area.Couldnt park my car in front of room.Had to use parking lot on the side of property.

Room Tip: request 2nd floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Chemorn
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed here for two nights while visiting Philadelpia as we need a pet-friendly hotel. My first impression upon entering the lobby was the receptionist, Vivien who provided very friendly, professional and effecient service. This immediately set a good tone after a long day on the road. The room was clean, comfortable and had the standard hotel amenities. Good security as the key card must be used to enter any part of the building. The bathroom was a bit disappointing as the tub had a few cracks in it as well as the shower wall which generally promotes mold. The Wi-Fi was almost unusable the signal was so weak, but internet isn't really that important inside a hotel on vacation anyway. Overall though we would stay here again upon returning.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family