“We Had a Great Stay”

Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Boston, Massachusetts
“We Had a Great Stay”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This inn is small (only 3 floors). First 2 floors are "Motel" style with outdoor corridors, so I requested a third floor room, which has indoor hallways. The room was quite clean and fine for a couple. Had a small fridge which was great, also a microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom was small, but in good condition. There is quite a bit of noise due to its close proximity to the highway and off ramp, but I ran the room fan at night to block out the noises sufficiently to get a decent night sleep. We were in town for a graduation at Temple Univ, but the desk clerk mentioned that their busy season was about to get started because of other graduations and NASCAR, so the place wasn't too busy, and the breakfast wasn't too crowded. The breakfast has hot and cold choices, and is enough to adequately fill you for a few hours. There was also a small workout room on the 3rd floor with a treadmill, elliptical, and stationary bike. Fine for a quick workout.

My most important comment is that the desk staff was extremely friendly and welcoming, which is half the battle these days! Overall, we had a great stay for the great price!

Room Tip: Be sure to request the third floor if possible for less hallway noise. If you need constant quick a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
WENDY L, General Manager at Quality Inn Newark, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for choosing The Quality Inn for your previous stay. The comments made will be shared with our staff. I hope if you are ever in the area again you will keep the Quality Inn, in mind for our stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Boston, MA
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stopped for an overnight at the Quality Inn in Newark, DE and were pleasantly surprised! It is located just off 95, very convenient. The room was large, comfortable, and quiet. It had a small fridge and microwave, as well as coffee maker. There was an excellent breakfast buffet in the morning, included in the room rate, that served waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal, fruit, juice, milk, coffee, breakfast bars. It was clean and convenient!

Room Tip: Third floor was very quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey, USA
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This motel is OK. The room was clean, comfortable, adequately furnished, in decent repair. The property overall has something of a cheap feel to it -- maybe a bit too much fake woodgrain. I suppose the fact that it is right next to a construction site, and that there was construction noise throughout the night, did not help. But otherwise, an adequate budget choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The staff very friendly and the rooms are clean. The whole property is non smoking and the rooms are up to date. It has a good breakfast and coffee at lobby all the time. Close to stuff too and just down the road from a casino.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wendy L, Manager at Quality Inn Newark, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay here at the Quality Inn, in Newark Delaware. All to often guest's let us know the negative regarding their stays, and even less let us know the positive during a stay. We here value all guest comments and reviews and use them as traing tools for our staff. Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your lodging needs, and we hope to see you in the future.

Wendy Lee
Mystic, Connecticut
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was visiting Christiana Hospital and this hotel is only a few miles away. The room was clean with a flat screen TV. The staff was very friendly and took me right in without reservations. I was also able to get the hospital rate which was very good. The lobby has a popcorn machine and decent market items. Don't expect a full service Marriott, but its a great value for a comfortable clean room. It's also in a decent location with food options a short drive away and one place you can walk to.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Neil S, Manager at Quality Inn Newark, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
We are please that you enjoyed your stay at the Quality Inn, and we strive to provide 100% customer satisfaction. Hopefully you will stay with us again. Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to comment on your stay.
Newark, Delaware, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I am staying here for my month long rotation at Christiana Hospital. It is conveniently located right up the street and directly off I95... HOWEVER, I had ants and a stinkbug in one room - they told me they would spray the next day while I was at the hospital. I came back the next day only to still have ants and another stink bug! I moved the night stand away from the wall and there were hundreds of ants! They said they sprayed the room (but I'm guessing they didn't move any of the furniture).

I requested to change rooms that night and they put me into a bug free room, but the heater doesn't work!!!!!! I'm a cold natured person, and would like to sleep comfortably. I felt like such a burden to ask to change rooms again, but it's not my fault it doesn't work!

The staff is nice and the free breakfast is good. They have scrambled eggs, waffles, juices, bagels, toast, coffee, tea, etc... During the weekdays, they also offer popcorn in the afternoon. Internet is free

The hospital is paying for my room during the week, or else I would be changing hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words, but am I sorry for the inconveniences during your stay. We have fully re-vamped our pest control program, which has yielded great results, with no recent sightings throughout the property. I also apologize for the heater issue. We have since had our Maintenance Supervisor check all HVAC units to verify their operation. I do thank you for your comments and hope that you return to stay with us to see the impact your review has made.
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Visited this hotel chain on 10/13/2012 after placing a reservation the week prior. Tucked back behind the Toys R Us, next to a Hilton I believe. Check-in was a breeze, 3-4 minutes and the front desk person was polite/friendly. Room was fine, modern, bathroom a tad dated, but adequate. No noise. Free Internet but didn't use. Tried the FREE continental breakfast (stayed at another Quality Inn a few months back and had the same experience) and it was great. Eggs, sausage, potatoes (but didn't have a chance to try), make your own waffels, juice, coffee, muffins...what else could you ask for? Check-out a breeze as well! Highly recommend!!!

Room Tip: Stayed on 3rd floor, inside of building versus first 2 floors which are outside. No vending machine...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VMONEYMAN1
Thank you for warm words. I'll be sure to pass them along to our staff, as they take great pride in the hospitality they provide. We hope to see you again in the near future.