“Wilmington Newark Christiana Courtyard wonderful stay and good experience!”

Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The courtyard Marriott is always a wonderful stay. I love how clean it is, and the staff is accommodating and so nice to work with. I always have a good stay the courtyard, but this is an exceptional one!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank DanielaBalxano
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Unless you like parking lots and pavement. I had requested a courtyard room. I made the request a coupe of days in advance and was told no problem. At check in they told me they were out of them yet the next guest got one.
VERY un-guest accommodating. I'll never be back to this one.

Room Tip: Courtyard side but it's worthless to request it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
jason_abbey, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

I'm very sorry that we weren't able to accomodate your request for a courtyard view room. Less than half our rooms are facing the courtyard. We do try to accomodate all our guests requests, but the day you arrive and how full we are impacts the ability we have to meet your requests. I am confident that the room you stayed in was, except for the view out the window, equal to any of our courtyard view rooms.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

The hotel was home for two days during a recent basketball tournament. The rooms were spacious and provide a great place to rest. It was nice to have a mini fridge and coffeemaker in the room. While several Courtyards I have stayed at have breakfast included, this one did not. Would have been nice to have a microwave in the room as well for quick bites. Lobby had a nice area for our parents to chat and relax in the evening. The kids enjoyed the pool. Staff was helpful. Had hoped for a late checkout but was not able to fulfill the request.

Room Tip: While you might normally skip a room next to the elevator, you might want to consider here. Distanc...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
jason_abbey, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry we weren't able to accomodate your late check out request. We try to allow late check outs whenever possible, but it depends on the amount of check outs and check ins we have each day, as we need to have most of our rooms available by 3pm for check in. If you are able to return and need a microwave (or anyone else reading this response) we have a limited amount that we can provide upon request.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past few years and each time the staff continues to show what hospitality is all about. Today I arrived early due to a work cancellation and they found me a nice room so that I could spend the day and get work done.
The check in is always very easy and the grounds are well kept.
I also appreciate the way they take care of you at check in to make sure that everything is OK.
If you are a business traveler this is a great Hotel.

Room Tip: for a more Quiet room ask for a courtyard view these seem to be even number rooms
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
jason_abbey, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are happy you like the hotel and keep coming back. I agree, our front desk associates are great!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

The staff is 1st rate and make the stay enjoyable. They are always very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are always clean. The food at the cafe is good and the service is excellent.
It is my hotel of choice in the area, I have never had a bad experience staying here.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The staff is wonderful. Very pleasant and helpful. The facility was great as well . When I'm in the area I will always stay. Please keep doing what you do, The food was very tasty. I am planning a stay for spring break. See you soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah Y
jason_abbey, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for taking time to give this great feedback. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to you returning in the spring.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

The staff at this facility is the friendliest group of service providers I have experienced. I travel every week. This group appears to be enjoying the job they do.

I pay more to stay here as there is a competing hotel in the same parking lot. It's the service that makes the difference to me.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Don N

Thank you for your review and your kind words. We are very happy to have you staying with us.