“EAT”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Always good, always fresh, always.
Best blackened chicken you can get. The absolutely best guacamole you can get in Delaware. You will not be disappointed. The place is always jumping.

There are newer reviews for Border Cafe

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I drive back and forth from NJ to MD quite a bit, and this place was a great find right off of I-95. My boyfriend and I ate here a few weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon, and the place was packed. They get people in and out pretty quickly, so the wait wasn't too bad. Both the service and the food were very good (we had beef enchiladas and chicken tacos), and we will definitely be back!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

What a pleasant surprise. We found this place on yelp, saw the ratings and decided to try it. It looks a bit dodgy on the outside, but turns out to be tacky-cool decorations and great big blue sign that says "EAT!" It was two PM on a February afternoon, and the place was jammed. We had a 15 minute wait, but the staff was well organized and on top of everything, They moved people in and out without making you feel rushed. Our server anticipated our every need (extra chips, fresh salsa, drinks) without us so much as raising our eyes to look around. Three of us had dishes from the mexican side of the menu - swordfish tacos, steak fajitas and a black bean taco salad. All were amazing. The fish tacos came with a delicious broiled avocado half. I ordered something from the creole side - an eggplant plank with crab remoulade topping. It was out of this world.

1  Thank eastcoastbb
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My granddaughter wanted to visit this place for her birthday. I read about it being loud so I was not looking forward to our evening. Surprise-it was a party atmosphere but not too loud to talk at our table of 6. AND, the food was quite good. The kid's menu was terrific and at a cheap price. We will go back.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

The atmosphere at this restaurant is fun, festive, and family-friendly! The meals are authentic and delicious while easy on the wallet! The portion sizes are quite large and the staff is friendly. You can't go wrong choosing this restaurant as a place to bring friends, family, or the like!