“Good food, a bit loud”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband had to go here because of the huge "EAT" sign, so we decided to try it. The place was hopping on a Saturday night. We waited about 40 minutes for a table, which was fine with us since we were on a overnight getaway. The food was very good. I had a chicken burro with jambalaya and my husband had étouffée with chicken and chorizo. I have found that some burritos that have just chicken inside ends up with dry chicken. This chicken was moist and delicious. The burro was covered with enchilada sauce and melted cheese. The jambalaya had pieces of chicken and sausage. My husband's étouffée tasted delicious. He really enjoyed the dish. My only complaint is the noise level. It does have a bar, so there was a large number there to watch the college football. My husband has a hearing problem and wasn't wearing his hearing aids, so the noise level made it difficult to have a conversation. Despite that, we will definitely plan on visiting the area again and will got back to the Border Cafe again.

1  Thank alpw

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Always a hit - really reasonable prices and great, flavorful food. The camptown shrimp are my favorite - spicy and great quality shrimp; this is an appetizer but I often get as my meal because I enjoy so much. The salads are awesome - really fresh and come with homemade dressing. I appreciate the unlimited chips and salsa as well, and the margaritas and sangria are great! True bargain - can't beat the quality for the price.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I am not one for Mexican food but my wife is and she wanted to try it the food for what I had was excellent and hers was excellent to.Our server Luke was outstanding .Will be back when in the area.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Plenty of food for the price, very tasty tex-mex fare, friendly staff, good drink selection, casual atmosphere

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Border Cafe with its iconic 'EAT' sign is a great choice for authentic Mexican food near Christiana Hospital/ Mall area. It shares the same access road as Chilis & Red Roof but its a wonder Chilis does any business with BORDER CAFE right down the road. No reservations are needed as the place is huge and the service quick. A big lunch spot that is open evenings as well. Great seafood taco option and the fresh salsa & chips always something to look forward to while you wait.