Ramada Newark/Wilmington
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanfront desk stafffirst floormake your own wafflesfree breakfastdelawareexituniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Assigned a room with peeling walls, no natural light, and smelled of smoke because there are smoking rooms down the hall (the motel appears to have some long-term renters). We were given another room that was what I expected for the price - very average but functional. Breakfast was really bland and there was a bug crawling up the wall. Staff was very helpful overall and showed good customer service.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 132 or any room down the hallway where the public computer station is located.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
ddistant62, General Manager at Ramada Newark/Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

We try our best to upkeep our property to maintain our standards. I apologize if you were not completely satisfied with your stay at our hotel. We assure you that we shall look into the issues and rectify them. Thank you for your feedback and thank you very much for staying with us.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

A very nice stay. Only problem we had was that the fitted sheet and mattress pad were both designed for a thinner mattress and came off the bed all night.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Your feedback is really appreciated. We shall certainly take your concerns into consideration. We shall be very happy to have you come back and stay with us again. Thank you very much and stay safe.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

A lovely hotel, conveniently just off the I95 freeway. This place was ideal as I was too tired to drive all the way to Maryland.

The reception staff were very friendly and chatty. One was new/training but was very considerate and check-in went very smoothly.

The room was incredibly clean and comfortable. Would recommend to other travelers, especially if you need somewhere to stop and rest on route to your final destination. Will remember this hotel for next time!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

We try to keep up with the expectations of our guests, and I am happy to know that we were able to meet your standards and make your stay with us as comfortable as you expected. Thank you very much for your appreciation, kind words and your business. We would like you to please stay with us the next time you are in our area - thank you very much.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed here on a Sunday. The hotel was easily accessed from the I95. The hotel and grounds were well kept. The lobby was nice and I was greeted by a friendly lady who checked me in and gave me directions on shopping and restraunts. Parking was easy for my truck and trailer. Room was nice, clean and quiet ( I even was able to get nbcsports for NHL playoffs)!! Yeah! Over all it was a good place and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the shortcut to Christiana Mall via the back way in.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
ddistant62, General Manager at Ramada Newark/Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Great to know that you were happy, & I assure you that you would be welcomed anytime at our property with the same enthusiasm and care. I really appreciate the fact that you took time to let us know the facts - we strive hard to take care of our patrons - thank you very much & stay safe!

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Had the pleasure recently of staying here 2 seperate occasions while traveling up/down the 95 corridor. Hotel is just off I95 & is very easily found - in addition there are stores/food options within easy walking distance of the hotel. Property looked fresh & clean - obviously recently remodeled. Employees/front desk were all extremely professional/helpful & friendly. Both nights the rooms (different rooms/floors each night) were very clean - the beds were very comfortable - wifi worked fast/flawlessly. HDTV's are a nice touch too. Price/Value was GREAT - ESPECIALLY - when factoring in the full hot breakfast! Make your own waffles - 3 or 4 types of juices - fresh hot coffee/tea - 3 types of milk - scrambled eggs, yogurts, etc....w/kids this was a wonderful treat, not to mention the savings/time of stopping at a restaurant in the morning......will definitely be staying here again in our travels!

Room Tip: Both rooms were identical quality - be sure to try the in-house restaurant - great Italian food!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank katahdincabins
ddistant62, General Manager at Ramada Newark/Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We wish you come back and stay with us everytime you are in the area and we assure you that we shall diligently take care of you & be of service to you at all times .
Again, thank you very much for staying with us.