“enjoying a good time”
Review of La Casa Pasta

La Casa Pasta
Reserve with OpenTable
La Casa Pasta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 369 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I love the food and service there... a very special place to get dinner for a big group of people.
We also found a person there that speaks spannish!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

A few weeks ago, I had lunch with a coworker here. It was the first time I've been here in many years and the lunch buffet was excellent. (Generally, I am not a fan of buffets.) Last night, we went back for dinner. Complimentary valet parking was an unexpected surprise. We were greeted promptly and shown to a table. Our server, Bob, was very personable and knowledgeable about the menu and ingredients. He didn't hesitate to make recommendatios. I mentioned that I was torn between two choices, one a seafood dish in red sauce. He highly recommended that I order it but in white sauce. It was fabulous! The seafood was fresh and cooked to perfection. Many other restaurants focus on quantity over quality. While the portion size was not huge, it was filling and the preparation and quality were worthy of the $$$ price. I give this experience a rating of 4 because the others in my party felt the desserts were lacking a bit. My dessert, a home made "lava" cake with salted caramel gellato was outsanding. However, the creme brulee had picked up other flavors in the refrigerator and the italian rum cake wasn't especially memorable. Overall, I would definitely recommend dining here and will go back again. Ask for Bob!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I've never had a bad experience at lunch, dinner or just a quick bite at the bar. In fact, it's my #1 choice for Italian in Newark. My last visit was a few weeks ago with a group from work. Very nice lunch buffet - well prepared, fresh and tasty.

Not much else to say when the food, service and atmosphere are perfect.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Went there yesterday (29AUG2012) for a business lunch. The service, atmosphere and cuisine were all "very good". This place takes careful pride in its offerings, for sure. It definitely has a "villa" ambience and is a great, well-priced option for those looking for good Italian in Delaware. In fact, I'm not sure there are really any other options in Newark worthy of even a second glance, but I'm from PA. I had the buffet and was very pleased. Their vodka sauce is very rich and tasty. Not the best I've ever had, but definitely commendable. I wouldn't say any one thing stood out as "exceptional", but I walked away thinking, "that was a VERY well priced meal". I might even go so far as to say they are short-selling themselves, but don't tell anyone else....

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Ate there with a team of lacrosse players, buffet style. For price i paid, I didn't feel it was a good value. They had one waitress working the whole team, and service was slow, if you could get her attention at all. The food was good. They did have some cool plates there. Perhaps ordering off the menu would have been a better experience, but I was unimpressed with the buffet meal. I hope that they are better next time. It has potential