“Great Business Meeting Atmosphere”
Review of La Casa Pasta

La Casa Pasta
Reserve with OpenTable
La Casa Pasta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 386 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Had an important business meeting with 5 people and wanted an excellent restaurant with some tables conducive to business discussions. Found it !!! I had the salmon in a lemon sauce, vegetable and potato mix, great coffee, and even better desert. Everything was terrific. Taste, proportions, presentation, service, atmosphere, et al. Great venue. I will return for dinner for sure. Oh yes, the earthquake added to the excitement of the meal. Nice touch.

1  Thank William G

Reviewed January 23, 2011

I haven't been to La Casa Pasta in probably 10 years and decided to give it a try today for lunch. I got take out and the gentlemen that answered the phone was very nice and accommodating. I asked if they had a whole wheat pasta and he said yes which made me very happy. He asked me if I wanted it ready at any particular time or if I would be picking it up right away. Nice to know that they wouldn't be making it right away if I was going to pick it up later. I told him that I would be coming to pick it up right away.

Since my favorite Italian restaurant closed a few years ago, I have been unable to find edible fried calamari. It is always way too salty and over breaded. I also get very leary about ordering it for take out because it can get soggy, but I've really been craving it so i thought I would give it a shot. When I arrived to pick up my order, it wasn't ready yet...I found out this was because they waited to cook my calamari until I got there...Yippee!! No soggy calamari for me. It was awesome!! It was very lightly breaded and chewy (just how I like it). The server also let me know he put marinara sauce in the bag for me to dip my calamari in.

I also ordered shrimp fra diavolo over whole wheat pasta. It was good and the pasta was definitely homemade. I would have liked it a bit spicier, however, they were probably trying to be on the safe side. I like my stuff really spicy and will ask for more kick next time.

The server also put grated parmesan cheese in my bag as well as plenty of bread and breadsticks. I don't usually indulge in bread, however, i couldn't resist. The bread was crispy...yummy!

The only downside to my experience was the price. I almost fell over when I went in to pick it up and I saw the receipt. It was $25.00 for shrimp fra diavolo and fried calamari! Ouch!!! They didn't have a key on their computer for what I ordered so he rang me up for lobster ravioli which came up as $17.00!!! No soup or salad comes with it either.

Even after the sticker shock, I still left a tip for the server. They were very accommodating and polite. The atmosphere was very romantic and they even had a fire place roaring in one of the rooms. This is a great date place or special occassion location. I would definitely go back. I am very happy that I've finally found calamari that comes close to my favorite that i used to get at Cafe Tivoli.

1  Thank bob1996
Reviewed November 9, 2010

I have eaten in this restaurant and was totally blown away with the authenticity of the it. From the outside you would not think that this is as nice as it is. The waitstaff was extremely pleasant, and very helpful. I liked it so much I am going to have our company's Christmas party here.

A definite must when choosing a great Italian restaurant!

1  Thank Sharen1963
Reviewed May 2, 2010

This place was delightful. It's a white tablecloth pasta place that reminds you of the joints back in the Bronx (or Secaucas, NJ, for that matter.) The food is excellent, and the owners are very welcoming.

1  Thank Jackcatscal
Reviewed April 6, 2010

I have eaten here hundreds of times over the years. I used to take clients here for lunch 2-3 days a week. You won't find food any fresher than this. Giuseppe sp, is a world class chef and has never let me down. (Did you know he also owns the building that the 7-11 is in and they (7-11) have a long term lease or he would have expanded to this part of the shopping center as well, long ago, as he did with the liquor store that was once in between). We had my fathers retirement party in Anna's room, that couldn't have been more perfect. I don't think Marco is there any more, (Giuseppe's nephew) but that guy could take an order for a party of 50 and never write a thing down. This place is flawless and well worth the extra money. It should be #1 in New Castle County.

1  Thank 85Harley

Been to La Casa Pasta? Share your experiences!