“Ok Food, good beer, nice atmosphere”

Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 361 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Pleasant Lake, Michigan
“Ok Food, good beer, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Live here for 8 years....Iron Hill tries to fancy their food up but it's still average and even some things like their pizza you either love it or hate it since it's far from a traditional pizza I've come to know. Seasonal beers are great and the atmosphere is great...better atmosphere at the one in Willmington just down the road 15 minutes. If the food wasn't so pricey and trying to be "upscale" I would have rated it better. Fact is, my friends go to have a beer or two here and then go eat elsewhere.

• Visited December 2012

Bellingham, Washington
“Extensive Menu”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is quite a popular place as we visited on a Saturday night and had to wait for about 20 minutes. It was well worth the wait. They have an extensive menu and everything we tried was great. Great service, good food and good selection. The crab cakes were worth coming back for.

Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“We were very impressed!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

In town to visit family and stopped at Iron Hill Brewery for lunch. I guess I thought the word 'brewery' said it all and never felt the urge to try it. Now that I've tried it I think it should be renamed 'Iron Hill Amazing Restaurant' because our lunch was fantastic!

I ordered the Pan Roasted Chilean Sea Bass with the most amazing creamy basmati rice, sweet peas, leeks, asparagus and roasted tomato vinaigrette. Our waitress told us it was a new dish on the menu but my money says this dish will be on the menu for a very long time. My friend had the Voodoo Shrimp - also fabulous. The wine was also great. We usually eat across the street, old habit I suppose but from now on we will always dine at Iron Hill Brewery. In a single word, YUM!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Travel127121
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Variety and unique beers”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I went with a huge group of people on business travel. The beer drinkers loved this place as it has its own brewery. The menu is extensive, and the food was delicious. We had two servers since we had about 30 people in our group. Excellent, unique dining, and I will return.

Ottawa, Canada
“You will have a hard time picking what to eat! Everything looks amazing”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Just finished my second trip to Iron Hill Brewery. Both times I have thoroughly enjoyed my meal. The only problem we encountered is trying to decide what to eat, as pretty much everything on the menu pops out "try me".

I'm convinced their salads are made from hand picked veggies from the backyard. So fresh and tasty! My "starter salad" was huge. Massive should I say. And I ate every last piece of lettuce because it was just that good.

My friend and I shared the hummus. Definitely not your typical hummus starter! There's chopped cucumber/roasted red pepper/ feta and chopped olives you can place on your warm pita pieces. So good I ordered one to bring home for lunch tomorrow.

After the huuuuge salad I was fortunate enough to keep my main small.
Tried the pan seared beef tenderloin medallions - mucho bueno. The drizzle of sauce they use was flavourful, the asparagus was el dente, the smashed potatoes had a nice hit of butter and I want to say garlic. Overall - 9 out of 10!

Sounds like I'm blowing fluff up your butt, but in all honesty...I can't say anything bad about my time spent here.

Oh* and the beer selection is pretty nice too ;) I don't drink beer, but my friends liked trying the many varieties.

• Visited October 2013