“Fun family owned cafe with great tasting pizza, subs and cheesesteaks.”
Review of Tony's Cafe

Tony's Cafe
Ranked #42 of 386 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Looking for a "not-chain" family friendly casual place to end our afternoon at the Christmas tree farm and Tony's Cafe hit the spot. We were greeted the second we walked in the door and had great service and great food. The chicken cheesesteak was amazing.

Reviewed November 23, 2011

Don't believe the closing time... 10 o'clock doesn't mean 10 o'clock. At 9:50 they won't prepare anything. My wife and I stopped by to get a cheese steak and everything was shut down, they offered me old pizza! In the old ays, 10 o'clock close meant to the customer not the emploees. You start closing / cleaning up at 10!

Jim S

2  Thank ibjim
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Go to Tony's for great food. Love the cheese steaks.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Tony's is a great, I have been there a few times and it is great every time. It is the only place in DE that I can eat Penne Vodka they have the perfect recipe! The chicken parm is great and we also had the chicken piccata, all wonderful. They give great portions as well as a salad with the entrees. The servers are always friendly, too.

Reviewed May 31, 2011

I've eaten here twice recently because of the great reviews. I've tried a pasta dish and a stromboli and both tasted decent but were overflowing with grease. The portions of pasta are generous. The pizza looks good but I'm afraid I'll have to towel it off before i eat it. The place is busy so I guess most people really like the food but I don't see what all of the hype is about. How did this become the highest rated restaurant in Newark?

2  Thank songoftheeclipse

Been to Tony's Cafe? Share your experiences!