“Excellent staff and great facility!”

Staybridge Suites--Wilmington/Newark
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed at Staybridge Suites in Newark, DE for approximately two weeks. We were displaced from our house due to a car crashing into it. The room at Staybridge was welcoming, comforting and clean. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. They made us feel like we were in a home away from home. It was wonderful to wake up to a hot breakfast everyday, too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 2341karen
Terrise P, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites--Wilmington/Newark, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

We are please that you enjoyed your stay at the Staybridge Suites, we strive to provide 100% customer satisfaction. Hopefully you will stay with us again. We Thank-You for taking the time from your busy schedule to comment on your stay.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

After having troubles at the neighboring hotels, I called Staybridge at 1:30am asking if they could accommodate us such late notice. They were so welcoming and put us up in a wonderful room for a discounted price. We had a great stay and then even extended the stay because we loved it there. Thank you Staybridge for a wonderful Christmas gift!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Jenbabe4060
Terrise P, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites--Wilmington/Newark, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

We are please that you enjoyed your stay over the holidays. At Staybridge Suites we strive to provide 100% customer satisfaction. Again we Thank-You for taking the time from your busy schedule to comment on your stay, and we hope that if you are in the area again that you will chose to stay with us.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Good stay for a business trip, I was there for 2 nights this month while in Newark, DE on business. Arrived late and desk clerk was great, he was new and admitted he wasn't sure he was remembering everything (he only forgot my priority club snack), the next day the desk cleck provided it to me. The room was clean, although they forgot to tidy up the next day. Thank goodness I'm not a messy person even though I did leave the dirty towels on the floor, only to return to find them still there and the bed not made. When I brought it to the attention of Michael at the front desk he apologized and provided courtsey Holiday Inn points. My room was a king suite with an area to sit and watch TV and small kitchenette with stove, microwave and refrig. The breakfast was fantastic, many choices, fresh cooked eggs, fruit and cereal. Hotel is convenient to many restaurants in driving distance. If I am in the area again, I will definitely stay there again, love the comforts of home away from home. All staff I came in contact me was very friendly and the front desk staff was exceptional.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Ms.Mayvee,
We really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments in regards to you stay with us. We thank you for choosing our hotel for your business trip and hope that you will stay with us again when in the area. We will use your comments to help develop new policies to assure that we are not missing any part of your comfort. Again we thank-you for your comments, to help make a better hotel for your needs away from home.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites, Newark Delaware for two weeks. My job is all travel so I see a lot of hotels but this was my first Staybridge experience. It is basically and good hotel, probably the best choice in the area if you don't mind the cost.

My suite had a well equiped kitchenette, full sized fridge and separate bedroom. The washer and dryer are free, breakfast is above average and they have free food and beer 3 nights a week. The staff is very accommodating.

On the minus side, they only have a "light touch" maid service and no service on the weekends unless you ask for it. I didn't always get my towels or coffee replaced, the apples and oranges were old and dried up and the toilet paper is the worst in the industry.

One thing that is not their fault is Delaware's poorly engineered highway system. This Staybridge is in the middle of the worst traffic and traffic light system I've ever encountered.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear DavidB.
We really appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to post comments in regards to your stay with Staybridge Suites. We thank you for choosing our hotel for your business trip and hope that you will stay with us again when in the area. The team is excited that you were able to take advantage if the many amenities Staybridge Suites has to offer. We will share your comments with out team and develop new policies to assure that we are not missing an opportunity to provide 100% customer satisfaction. Again we thank-you for your comments, to help make a better hotel for your needs away from home.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Recently stayed here for an athletic event held at Delaware University for the weekend. Pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness, service, and breakfast available. It was quiet, the breakfast was amazing, the suite was plenty big enough for my husband and I and my two children. Coffee and tea was available 24/7 which was an added bonus. Best of all, it was affordable and a close enough drive to the event. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

We are please that you enjoyed your stay over the holidays. At Staybridge Suites we strive to provide 100% customer satisfaction. Again we Thank-You for taking the time from your busy schedule to comment on your stay, and we will look forward to your stay if you are in the area again .

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were travelling to Delaware for an important life event. Despite several date changes and the unexpected hurricane, Staybridge was unbelievably accommodating. The staff at this Staybridge go out of their way to ensure you are comfortable and have everything you need. Their hospitality goes beyond treating you like a client, but as a friend. That with clean, spacious rooms, a large fresh breakfast and early evening socials with food and drinks...need I say more?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Terrise P, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites--Wilmington/Newark, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dina,
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, we hope that if you have to visit the area again that you will chose to stay with us again.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I really enjoyed my experience at this hotel, and i plan on staying at this hotel more in the future. I enjoyed the the customer service that the front desk gave me as I left, and entered back into the hotel. I loved that the they have a strip mall across the street from the hotel, because I needed a few things. so the hotel was a connivence across the street.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business