Staybridge Suites Wilmington-Newark
Country Inn
$199
$167
Hilton.com
Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington(Newark)(Great Value!)
$72
Comfort Inn and Suites(Newark)(Great Value!)
$84
ComfortInn
$114
FourPoints.com
$138
$138
All reviewsoperations managerfront deskbedroom suitehigh markslaundry areafull size refrigeratorbreakfast area was cleansofa bedentire stayawesome staythree nightshot breakfastthe young ladyspecial thanksthe entire staffminute drivemain street
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Really nice hotel except that entrance was hard to find with its proximity to Ramada.You guys need a sign so people bypass Ramada and experience your great hotel. Upon arriving we were greeted with smiles n friendly attitude by Ashley P. which meant a lot since we were on the road for hours. When we left we accidentally left our GPS device in the room and phoned various times for someone to check the room. Ashley was the only one who took the initiative to personally locate it since it had already been removed from the room. We cant tell you how much we appreciated her "Over n above work attitude" n honesty to get the GPS returned to us. She is the type of employee you really need to appreciate since customers will always return.

Room Tip: Hotel entrance is located in back parking lot behind Ramada Inn. Its well worth the search.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2011

As someone who spends many nights in hotels, this one was particularly clean and well-maintained. There was even a BBQ dinner w/ wine and beer. Staff, especially the assistant general manager, was very friendly and professional. When I missed breakfast, she offered to go into the kitchen to get me a banana and muffin. When I thought I had left a bracelet, she immediately went to check out my vacated room. Just when you think service is dead, someone surprises you! Hotel is definitely a good find in this area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stayed here for a night while on travel for business and was very impressed. The room was huge! They also provided a very nice dinner when I checked in which was nice becasue it was snowing and I didn't want to have to drive anymore. The breakfast was really fantastic too!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I made a reservation here for my family as we were driving home from Virginia Beach to avoid Hurricane Irene -- although I had never stayed at a Staybridge Suites, I picked it because it had the two-room suite for a great price, and the free breakfast. There were several other suite hotels nearby so I took a chance on the unfamiliar.

I stayed there with my husband, two kids and my parents so there were six of us altogether. We arrived fairly late at night and were anxious to get settled in for the night. My first impression was that the decor was beautiful in the lobby/dining area. I continued to be impressed when we got to our room. The "living room" had more than enough space for the fold-out couch when it was opened, leaving enough room to walk around it (a problem we had encountered more than once at other suite hotels), and both of the bedrooms were spacious as well. Everything was perfectly clean and neat and looked new.

The kitchen amenities were all anyone could have asked for, although we didn't need them since we only stayed one night.

The decor in the room was beautiful as well and everyone slept comfortably -- I think the bed was the most comfortable I'd ever slept in in a hotel. The comforters were just the right weight and warmth.

At breakfast the next morning we were looking forward to a full variety of breakfast food but were disappointed that the waffle maker was not working and some of the hot breakfast servers were empty, but the selection was still fairly good (cereal, muffins, bagels, eggs etc.).

The staff we encountered were all very friendly and helpful, and I left that morning glad that we had found Staybridge Suites and hoping to come back soon!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I stayed here at the end of June. The room was great and the staff was very friendly. To top things off, I had free dinner and beer while I was there. I've never stayed at a hotel that does so much for their guests. But it wasn't until I noticed I had left something behind that I realized the quality of service I received. It was a longshot, but, a few weeks after my stay I called the hotel to see if they had found my misplaced item, and sure enough they had. I spoke with Operations Manager Tasha Drummond, and she couldn't have been any more helpful in returning my item. I'm really grateful to her for being so helpful, and she saved me a big headache at work. If ever I'm back in Newark DE, I won't even consider another hotel. Special thanks again to Tasha!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business