“Just OK”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We chose Old Country Buffet because we were very hungry, and we needed quick service so we could get back on the road.
Service was friendly, prices were reasonable. The salad bar was great!
Hot food was disappointing -- my companion said the ribs were so tough they were inedible. It seemed that almost all the entrees were breaded and deep-fried, or either cheese-based -- nothing light! I did have a good piece of baked chicken. I tried the pot roast, but it was very bland; needed a lot of seasoning.
All the employees wore teeshirts promoting the new Mongolian grill. No one was staffing the grill at lunchtime, apparently, and the few foods there looked unappetizing.

This wouldn't have been my first choice for lunch, and given the selections that were available to us, I wouldn't be eager to go back.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Being sort of a germaphobe, I don't usually like eating at buffets. I must say, however, that I did enjoy my time here. There is a large variety of dishes to choose from, the prices are extremely reasonable, and the service is friendly. If you go around Christmas time, you may even run into Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Was really looking forward to eating at a buffet. Thought it would be fresh ,hot and yummy, we got old bland blobs of what might have been food at one point. Having eaten at tons of asian buffets, Ryans and Golden Corrals over the years we were really disappointed in the quality here. Went on a sunday when they were busy thinking everything would be hot and right off the stove but it was the opposite. The little bit we ate sat REALLY heavy in our 'lil tummies. It was not a "boy am I full" feeling. It was a "I feel grose, wheres the bathroom and barf bag" feeling. So sad as this one was the closest to us. The best part was the lady sitting near us who was getting platefuls of ribs and sliding them into her bag and the soda. For two people with drinks it was $25.96.

2  Thank plurp8
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I am not a huge fan of "buffet-style dining" but decided to give this place a try. Food was either over-cooked or undercooked. The restaurant was filled to the rafters with bus loads of people with little to no home training and obviously do not know the meaning of manners and common courtesy in social situations. Horrible experience. Would not eat here again even if the meal was free.

3  Thank Sandy F
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Food, food and more food. This place can feed a third world country easy. Whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner plan on rubbing your stomach as you leave. The food is seasoned, tasty and plentiful.

1  Thank wlwynn99

Been to Old Country Buffet? Share your experiences!