“Sara Lee Isn't Just a Great Brand” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bugaboo Creek Steak House - CLOSED

Bugaboo Creek Steak House
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Elkton, Maryland
“Sara Lee Isn't Just a Great Brand”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

The last time we visited Bugaboo Creek, our waitress told us that they were thinking of closing stores, and that this location was on the chopping block. It was a little shocking at first as there is usually a pretty sizable crowd eating there.

But then I started comparing - the old, lodge look has been around since the eighties. And it is another 'chain' steak house.

But the decor works for this place. It is a lodge-type restaurant. You get huge portions. The salad is a wedge of lettuce. A herkin' wedge! I remember trying it for the first time, asking our favorite waitress what a wedge salad was. It is literally a wedge of lettuce, with dressing, and bacon crumbled on it. Simple. But something we ask for every time now.

The same with our favorite waitress, Sara Lee. They must take on a moniker, a 'stage name' because management wants them to put on a show, to realize it, and have fun with it. Ours, in turn picked Sara Lee.

Not only is she a hoot, but when she arrives at our table, she's grounded. No matter how busy, when she arrives at a table, she gives them her full attention. She's never rushed in front of the customer.

And my absolute favorite, the Moose Juice. A huge container filled with pineapple rings, and Stoli Vodka. It is so smooth and refreshing, I seriously thought of setting up a container of it at home. But then the listen voice said, "How much Vodka exactly are you planning on drinking?"

So I guess I'll just have to keep going back. Just like to a lodge. Huge portions. Great food. A staff member that goes above and beyond. And a very memorable cocktail. They have my vote!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mysterytraveler56

Wilmington, DE
“Good Food, Good Price and great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

The decor is rustic, but very nice. The large fireplaces adds charm. Never had a bad meal here whether it was the chicken fingers or a steak. Friends rave about the fish dishes, so I don't think you can go too wrong eith anything on the menu.

Visited January 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
“Always delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Spinach dip appetizer and black magic steak entree...Enough said! Delicious. Seasoned to perfection. Pleasant atmosphere. God service.One fo my favorite steak places.

Visited September 2012
“Inconsistent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

It is an average place to eat. I think that the food and service has been inconsistent when we have gone regardless of how busy, or not busy the actual restaurant is at the time. I think that if they inproved the consistency of food and service, I would go there more often.

Visited February 2012
“Don't eat the prime rib unless you want food poisoning!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

As I read through the reviews I see that others have gotten food poisoning. My husband and I ate there 12/15/12. He ordered the prime rib, salad with ranch and a baked potato and he came down with food poisoning for 24 hours. Someone isn't doing something right. This isn't the first time someone has gotten sick. My stepson was sick a couple of years ago after eating at Bugaboos. We will never go back!!!