“Ok chain steakhouse”
Review of Bugaboo Creek Steak House - CLOSED

Bugaboo Creek Steak House
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Mystic, Connecticut
“Ok chain steakhouse”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Typical chain restaurant. Cluttered decor and custom cocktails. The steak was over cooked but the warm bread was good. Prices are what you would expect. Similar to an Outback or Longhorn.

Visited November 2012

NEWARK
“Great family night out”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Have had many meals here with the kids, who like the stuffed critter decor. (they used to have animatronics which come to life). Food is surprisingly good for a chain type restaurant. Steak entrees are good. Staff is always attentive and quick.

Visited May 2012
Wilmington, Delaware
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We live close by and would visit at least once a month. We have not been back since June. At the time, there were seven other people seated in the restaurant. Service was painfully slow...not sure why, as there was two servers working in the dining room. Food arrived barely warm. We ordered the chicken tenders, which are usually crispy, hot, and delicious. These were soggy and had all of the flavor of a piece of paper. The soup was bland and our waitress was pretty much non-existent. She did not stop to ask how our meal was or if we needed anything. This type of service is a far cry from when this restaurant first opened and we have not been back since.

• Visited June 2012
“Cheesy place. Animatronic animals for the kids”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I went here with a business group. We were well taken care of by our server "Moose." He swears it was his name. I'm sure it was a gimmick just like the animatronic moose and random animals popping up out of the decorations. The food was okay, but it was not a suitable place for a business meeting. Bring the kids and ask for Moose to wait on you. I had the steak and it was cooked well, however it was covered in a gravy that was used to cover how bland the steak was.

Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,755 helpful votes
“Good Food at Good Prices”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

It had been quite a while since we had eaten at this restaurant. Last time we were there the service was not so great & there was dried food stuck to our table lamp. So, I was kind of reluctant to eat here again. My husband said we should give them another try, so I agreed.

We went here for dinner the other night. We arrived around 530pm and were seated at a booth on the right side of the restaurant, near the bar & talking moose head. Within minutes our waiter was around to take our drink order. We both got water with lemon. Our waiter gave us a few minutes to look over the menu before ordering. I decided to get the build-your-own combo with the caribou chicken & the conrad's coconut shrimp. It came with 2 sides, so I got the fries and the baked beans. My husband ordered the 10 oz prime rib with smashed potatoes and sweet potato fries.

The waiter brought us a loaf of bread to share while we waited. It was warm and soft on the inside with a little toastiness to the crust. We enjoyed it. The water, however, had a strange taste to it. Maybe it is just the way their city water tastes? Not sure.

Meanwhile, I took notice that the restaurant appeared much brighter and cleaner than it did on our previous visit. It had definately improved! They still have some interesting decor--the stuffed moose head, raccoon, geese, etc. Plus they have antler chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. The stuffed moose did talk to us 3-4 times during our dining experience. One of he kids in the booth behind us was afraid of it & kept hiding his head in his mother's side...so that is something to consider. Also, I did check out the restroom, which was also clean & well stocked with toilitries.

Within about 15 minutes or so of ordering, our meals were out to us. I enjoyed the caribou chicken. It was very good. The blend of cheese, bacon and bbq sauce was delicious. The coconut shrimp were just OK. I have had better at other restaurants. The dipping sauce for the shrimp here was gross. I prefer the coconut shrimp & sweet salsa at Firebirds instead. My husband said his prime rib was good, but not excellent. He said it was a little tough, but he still enjoyed it. He loved his sweet potato fries--said they were delicious. I agree that his fries were good, as were the smashed potatoes. I had always enjoyed their smashed potatoes here & I almost forgot how good they were. Still excellent! My fries were good, but the baked beans were just OK. I would probably select a different side next time over the beans if I remember. All the food arrived to the table hot/warm and was presented nicely on the plates.

Overall, we had a good dining experience. The food was, for the most part, good. The service was fast . Our waiter was decent. The atmosphere & cleanliness has improved greatly since our previous vist. The prices were decent for the quality and amount of food. I wouldn't go out of my way to dine here, but I would probably eat here again IF in the area.

• Visited September 2012