“Nice place and good food”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Reserve with OpenTable
TGI Fridays is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 355 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: As the original casual dining bar and grill, TGI Fridays℠ offers authentic American food and legendary drinks, served with genuine personal service.
Ancona, Italy
“Nice place and good food”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I was there twice in a day cause the food, especially meat and the brownie dessert (wow), was good and people working there very friendly.
Good experience!

New Jersey
“Gross...”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

TGI Friday's - What should you expect? A reasonably priced drink? NO... Such a scam on a glass of wine and the "value glass" - Do you have to be a lush and get a 9oz glass of wine to get a "bargain"? What is this the "value meal drink"? Tasty and Reasonably priced Entrees? Sorry...Mediocre (at best) food at a ridiculous price. How about cleaning the filthy booths and menus for a start?? I would never, ever, subject my family to this dump again!

Visited June 2014
New York City, New York
“Waiter was nice but, that was it.”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Our waiter was very nice and friendly. However, we ordered a salad and soup and chicken wings. We were asked if we wanted the soup and salad first and we said yes. I also told him that I am highly allergic to cheese and didn't want croutons or cheese on my salad.
Well, ALL the food came together and the salad had cheese and croutons. The soup was terrible and super salty. The wings weren't bad.
Just average at best. But, convenient to the Embassy Suites.

• Visited June 2014
Newark, Delaware
“Dependable”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went on a very busy Friday night. Only had a limited amount time to eat since we were going to a basketball game at the BOB.
Even though it was busy we were seated right away. Waitstaff was very friendly and greeted us with a smile. The meal was very good, cooked to order and served in a timely manner.
It is loud. I wish someone would build a restaurant that had some sound absorption.

• Visited September 2013
Indianapolis
“Raw - as in totally uncooked hamburger”
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

We walked in at 5 during happy hour and there werent many customers at that time so we figured quick service. No such luck. But bar patrons were being served like crazy. When our food finally arrived my mixed veges were ice cold. Then my wife asks me if her burger looked cooked. It was raw except for being seared on both sides. It was still refrigerator temp on the inside. Now when I say raw, it 98% of it looked like it does when you buy it in the store. I told her not to eat it and eventually a manager came by and asked if there was a problem. We pointed to the meat and he said thats not cooked. Thankyou Captain Obvious! He told us he would have another burger made but no apology. The server came by a litlle later and asked what had happened. She then said, "oh so it was a little pink on the inside?" Ummmm - no it was totally raw and my wife had ordered medium well. No real apologies and nothing taken off the check. Bottom line - if you are happy eating undercooked meat then knock yourself out. But they dont seem too concerned about it. TGI Fridays is off our list because this sort of stuff has happened to us before at other locations. Go to McDonalds down the street. Its safer.