“For a chain, it was really good”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Reserve with OpenTable
TGI Fridays is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 386 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: As the original casual dining bar and grill, TGI Fridays℠ offers authentic American food and legendary drinks, served with genuine personal service.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I tend to shy away from chain restaurants, because processed food isn't my thing. However, one night after work, too exhausted to cook, the significant other and I decided to meet here for a quick dinner. We were genuinely surprised by the quality and taste of the food. I ordered a strawberry lemonade non-alcoholic drink, and it was fantastic. I was just getting over a stomach bug, so I wasn't really in the mood for food, so I ordered an appetizer for dinner, the Jack Daniels Chicken fingers/poppers. They were quite tasty! The SO ordered a hamburger, and really enjoyed that as well. All in all, we genuinely impressed with the food we ate, and will definitely be back.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Had a cheeseburger. Well cooked, tasted great. Restaurant was clean and in good shape. Typical chain restaurant with good management.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed in a hotel right next to this T.G.I.F. Went there often. Great place to enjoy a few drinks, grab some food and watch a game (or two). Friendly staff. Some take more time and effort to prepare the food just right than others. But they will always fix their mistakes. Some bartenders make great drinks! They were always friendly and willing to change to a game I wanted to see.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Usually I'm not a big fan of TGI Friday's but this one is exceptionally good. I ate there four times this week on a trip and the ribeye steak, salad with chicken, ribs and pasta with steak were great! I "invented" the pasta with steam dish by substituting sirloin steak for the chicken and the dish was absolutely fabulous. By the way, when they say sirloin steak here, what you actually get is really, really TOP sirloin steak that is amazingly good. What a pleasure to have the food turn out even better than you expected when you ordered it. The hostesses and servers were attentive and friendly. The only reason I didn't rate it 5 stars is because the menu is a bit limited for the kind of food I was looking for. Not a big deal though;l will ALWAYS make sure I include this place in my trips to see my customer in Newark, DE.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Its a bar. The food is all commercially prepared, heavily salted or seasoned, and lots of flavor that shouts "yuk". Service is good for what it is - I have no complaints, everyone was pleasant and attentive. The only reason I ever eat here is when I'm with a group that thnks this is special [kak]. Look, this is my personal choice that I avoid any restaurant resembling TGIF but no complaints on service here and you know what to expect for food, if that is what you like. ug.