“Birthday cake delivery service”
Review of Bing's Bakery

Bing's Bakery
Ranked #2 of 18 Bakeries in Newark
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Ordered a birthday cake by phone for my daughter to be delivered to her dorm at U Del. She received a call letting her know when to be at the dorm for delivery. The cake was beautiful, exactly what I asked for and looked even better than I had hoped (she sent a picture). She said it was delicious and we were very happy overall with the cake and this service. I highly recommend!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I try to stop in once a week to get something sweet to eat. A few weeks back, we stopped in and saw a sign that said they would be closed for a few days since Buddy Valastro of "Cake Boss" was going to be visiting & they were going to be remodeling. He was there to film an episode of his new show "Bakery Boss".

We couldn't wait to get back to see IF the place had changed much & crossed our fingers that we would still find the same great sweets that we had grown to love! From the outside you could tell they had made some cosmetic upgrades. They now have a custom cakes window front, some lettering around the windows and a flashing OPEN sign. LOVE the open sign, so NOW we will know IF they are OPEN. It was kind of hard to tell before they installed this sign! Inside, the shop seems a little brighter and they have added some color to the walls. They have made the dining area larger and updated. A few signs have gone up to direct you towards cookies, cupcakes, pastries and etc. They hung some nice lamps overhead. So, they made some cosmetic updates inside too. BUT, thankfully, the baked goods are still the same great items we have come to love & expect. We got some great apple donuts and cookies the other day. They were probably the BEST apple donuts I have ever had..anywhere! Prices are still REALLY reasonable. They seem the same, but butter cookies are now sold by the pound instead of by the piece.

3  Thank daisyferret1
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have been visiting Bing's weekly for 43 years and can always count on the best quality cakes, rolls and pastries. My favorite item in the store is the "glace", an individual square layered pound cake, enrobed in the most amazing chocolate glaze/icing. I know the Cake Boss is visiting soon to help with a makeover. An update to the tired décor is a good idea, but don't let him change any of the baked goods. They are perfect the way they are!

1  Thank AnnDelaware
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Bing's has been my family's favorite Bakery since I was born (50+yrs ago). All my birthday cakes have come from here. Canolis here are to die for...large means large here. I just simply love this place and the nostalgic atmosphere of this darling quaint and comfortable shop.

2  Thank psa811
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I usually order cakes here and am always pleased with the product and thrilled with the price. When I pick it up I usually pick out some great looking cannoli or cupcakes. Cute interior , adequate parking

2  Thank primpolished

Been to Bing's Bakery? Share your experiences!