“A Newark Classic”

Cuisines: Pizza
Wilmington, Delaware
“A Newark Classic”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Bing's can't be beat. Get there early on a Saturday morning and grab some sticky buns. New ownership clearly has revitalized the business with more and more baked goods offered every time we go in. Great service as well!

2 Thank DadandFamily

Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,786 helpful votes
“Still the best. Love their cannoli...”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I loved Bing's so much that we have been back multiple times since our 1st visit in January 2013. We visit almost weekly now. We have tried their cannoli, chocolate covered strawberries, cookies & cakes. Everything we have had has been good & reasonably priced!

Their cannoli are easily some of the best we have had in the entire state of Delaware. They are HUGE and oh so creamy. The chocolate covered strawberries are sweet and juicy---and a fraction of the price--compared to places like Godiva or Candy Kitchen. The sprinkle cookies are HUGE, delish & super cheap. The chocolate rugelah is superb. We love the pastry with the marzipan filling & chocolate cake. YUM. My husband loves their napoleon.

Still our favorite bakery in the State of Delaware. Would recommend & we will continue to visit ourselves. Can't wait to order a cake to celebrate a birthday!

Note: CLOSED on Sundays

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank daisyferret1
Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,786 helpful votes
“The BEST bakery in Delaware”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've passed this bakery countless time when driving into downtown Newark. I have tried many bakeries in Delaware. Most are just OK. I rarely find one that compares to the bakeries we like to visit in NYC. Many times we are disappointed. But, the other day I decided to give Bing's a try. It is an old bakery & I figured they must be doing something right to still be in business...It is Delaware's LONGEST running bakery!!

Once inside the door, I found a really nice old bakery. They offered chocolates, cookies, cakes, pies, pastries, cupcakes, danishes, muffins, cream puffs, sticky buns & more. I was immediately drawn to the rainbow cookies. This is an item that we buy on almost every trip to NYC & one that we NEVER find in a Delaware bakery. We also noticed that they carried several traditional Italian cookies & "S" cookies. We were so excited to try their cookies. We also decided to try some of their mini cakes. After making a few selections, our items were bagged up & we were rung up at the register. For 12 cookies and 2 mini cakes, we paid $10.55.

Overall, our experience with Bing's Bakery was excellent. The staff was all fast and friendly. The place appears old, but CLEAN. Lighting could be a little better in some of the cases, but everything was presented nicely. Most importantly, everything tasted GREAT. The rainbow cookies tasted just like the ones we get in NYC. The "S" cookies were even better than the ones we get in NYC. The cakes with raspberry & cream filling were good too. The one with the colored icing on top (yellow & orange) was just a tad sweeter than the one with plain frosting. Prices were reasonable. I would recommend & can't wait to visit again. SO thankful we ventured in. Will soon be a family tradition to visit here each trip to Newark & will probably become our new go-to place for birthday cakes. Just wish I had found it sooner!

• Visited January 2013