“Love this place”

California Tortilla
Ranked #126 of 354 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Northport, Alabama
“Love this place”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I like to go here every time I'm in the Wilmington area. It has a casual beach sort of feel, obviously lot's of students when classes are in session. It isn't fancy but I love the fish tacos with black beans and rice!

Visited September 2013

Newark, Delaware
“Best fresh Mexican food at the right price in the area!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I love CT so much that I requested it be reviewable on Tripadvisor. I love good Mexican food (real authentic, think California and uh, yeah, Mexico!) and for the fresh taste & price, this is my favorite place 2 go 4 Mexican in the area.

I LOVE their Ranch BBQ Buritto, my favorite, a small will run u around $5.79ish. If u ask 4 that in the salad form, also reaaaaaaally good.Both are a lot of food, too much 4 one sitting, truly. This goes 4 the Small burrito as well, it's very filling. U can add on chips & salsa or Chips & Queso, I recommend the Salsa.Their salsa, when done right, is made fresh and is wonderful (they do have times were it is a little off, so b aware there isn't always the same consistency, not sure what the factors r with that...).

They have a literal wall of sauces, mostly Hot Sauces or Marinade/Seasoning Sauces all available 2 use as your condiments and buy as well. There r just a few BBQ sauces, however the Chaddsford PA location doesn't have the BBQ sauce anymore?!?!? So I don't go there anymore. The Newark DE store has a BBQ Sauce called Hickory Haven which is AWESOME and is naturally vegan as well.

So in summary, 4 the taste & the value, u can't loose! Be sure 2 join their Club 2 get offers 4 free tacos & salsa & other perks. One extra that I like about the CT chain is they do participate in charity events giving back 2 causes with quirky promotions (Buy a buck taco & get a coupon 4 one free, benefiting an organization). I have also talked to the Corporation owner, Pam in requesting them 2 make more environmental packaging. Although I got some feedback it was hard 2 do because of costs concerns, I have noted they r packaging less in stryo. I used 2 get my burrito on a styrofoam plate and now it comes in a paper square thingie. So good job CT!

Hope u find this helpful & I hope u enjoy!

• Visited December 2012

Been to California Tortilla? Share your experiences!