“Loved it”

La Tonalteca
Ranked #59 of 385 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I had the chorizo con huevos. I thought it was excellent. About as close as your going to get to authentic this far north east.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Authentic Mexican atmosphere with a roaming guitarist! Oley! Food was freshly prepared and just like Mexico. No Americanized international here, just the real thing.
I had salad with a great tasting cilantro sauce and perfect enchilada's. The rice was average-but I'm not a big rice fan anyways.
Free parking is on the side and in the back. That was a plus since parking in Newark costs money.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

During our last visit to la tolteca we realized than many mexican restaurants in Delaware dont really make an effort to change or innovate their menus. Everything is pretty much cheese and sour cream. Where are all the different chiles, fresh tortillas, fresh guacamole? Dont take me wrong the food was not bad it is just that after going to restaurants for so long one gets tired of the same. It seems that one has to go to philly to have something different.

Been to La Tonalteca? Share your experiences!