“Good food”

Mediterranean Grille
Ranked #63 of 392 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed May 28, 2017

We were visiting friends in this area, and they took us to the co-op market on the same plaza, so we had lunch in the Mediterranean Grill.
Two of us asked for the falafel appetizer, my husband requested the chicken gyro and our other friend had the Greek sampler, we were all happy campers, the weird thing is that the gyro comes with a side of skinny French fries, never saw that in a Greek restaurant before. Not 5 starts, just because of the lack of space.

Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

I had lunch with family and ordered shrimp which were 6 good sized shrimp in tomato sauce. The shrimp were a good size but they had tails on which is an odd decision because covers with sauce I needed a box of napkins to clean up the mess. Cooked well and delicious. Good portion.

Reviewed May 9, 2017

I had a coupon for the Mediterranean Grille so my wife and I decided to try it out. This is a small place with a few tables but cozy. They offer Greek and Italian food. I tried the Greek Sampler with Kofka, Moussaka, and Spanakopita to get a taste of Greek food (which I have never had before). Everything tasted wonderful. I found a new cuisine to enjoy. For dessert, we brought home some baklava, which was heavenly.

Reviewed April 15, 2017

The Greek and Meditereanian food here is usual consistently good. Today I called in a take out order for 2 Lamb Gyros. When I placed my order I told the owner, who answered the phone, that I wanted the sandwiches only and no french fries. I picked up the order payed the bill and went home. I was charged the full amount and nothing was taken off for the french fries that come standard with the Gyro and I were not included per request. Didn't think this was quite fair but I should have looked closer at the bill and questioned the amount before I left the restaurant. My bad. Got home and the Gyro's were disappointing. The lamb was so lightly seasoned that it tasted bland and the sauce equally had very little taste and mostly yogurt flavor. I had to salt, pepper and put dill weed on it to give it any flavor. Expensive at $10 per for something that left me disappointed.

Reviewed March 10, 2017 via mobile

Delicious food and some of the most friendly, helpful staff I have ever dealt with! The chicken gyro was the best I've ever had!!

1  Thank Theresa K