“great convention place to stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark/Wilmington South
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed August 5, 2009

we booked a total of nine rooms for up to five night stay. the staff was friendly including the breakfast crew. the adult pool hours from 10:00 to 12:00 pm was terrific. will try to stay at any homewood suites when we travel again. thanks

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed July 16, 2009

Stayed one night for a trip to U DEL. Very nice hotel basic one room suite with a small kitchen and all the basics you would expect from Homewood Suites. Breakfast was basic as expected. Bottom line clean, quite, free breakfast . I would go back again.

They have free high speed Internet but it is wired. Worked fine .

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2009

I came here to see my sister's track meet for the UD team with my family, and it was one of the best motels ever! Continental Breakfast was good, but it took a little of a long time. And the pool, it really was what I had not expected. But overall, everything was great!

• Stayed: February 2009
1  Thank PaThemike
Reviewed July 6, 2009

I had to stay here for several nights on business and was very pleased with my stay. The suites are very large with a small dining table and a separate desk area. A sofa and coffee table, plush bedding with night stands on either side, and a very nice vanity area that I wanted to take home with me. From what I understand not all the rooms have been upgraded but mine had a flat screen TV and updated bed linens. The vanity area had plenty of drawer space with granite-like counters. They serve breakfast daily with a nice assortment of fruits, bagels, yogurts, etc. Dinner is also served which was great too. The staff was very friendly with everyone from the front desk staff to maintenance speaking and asking how you were enjoying your stay. Parking if plentiful and well lit. A number of restaurant and fast food places are within driving distance but with the dinner being served I hardly bothered. Overall I really enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend the location.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank DCMrsg
Reviewed June 3, 2009

We booked the Homewood Suites while searching for a hotel for NASCAR weekend. We booked online and got what we thought was a good rate. Upon arrival, we were more than pleased with the speedy check in and the service that was provided. The bed was fantastic - SO incredibly comfortable, the room clean, the fully stocked kitchen impressive. I told my Husband that I wished we could stay longer to take full advantage of the hotel! The morning breakfast was great and the attendant was extremely attentive.
I will most definitely be coming back, hopefully sooner than later! Thanks so much for a wonderful night!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2009

We had to move out of our house for 4 months while doing renovations. We did a lot of research (including here) before deciding on Homewood Suites. We made the right choice! It's really comfortable, spacious, and clean. Everything works, as it's a pretty new building.

The staff is beyond friendly, they'll stop to have real conversations. Many of the desk staff are U of D Hotel Management career students looking for experience, not just an hourly rate.

The breakfasts offer lots of variety, and the Mon-Thurs dinners are meal-worthy (more than "snacks" as some other reviewer wrote). Entree, side dish, salad bar, bread, dessert, and wine & beer! Maria, Adrianna, Flor and the others who run the meals do a great job.

This property is VERY pet friendly...and they'll even walk your dog for you if you're out.

The internet is reliable, and our TMobile phones have no problems making WiFi calls.

We're actually still staying here for another month, but it occured to me that because we like it so much, we shouldn't wait that long to say so here.

If you do happen to be staying here because it's so close to I95, there's a well-run TGI Fridays next door, and also a slew of interesting restaurants of all types one mile north on the bustling Main St, Newark.

Jamie M

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank CaribbeanBlueHen
Reviewed March 17, 2009

Traveling with a tween, a teen, and a toddler as well as my husband , my parents, and our dog! We needed to stay for the weekend since my son had an ice hockey tournament in the immediate area. The staff was great! Buffet breakfast was included each morning was delicious and well stocked. We used our fully equipped kitchen to make dinner . The ice maker in the full size refrigerator was wonderful! My tween and toddler girls had a blast in the pool! We would stay here again. The laundry room was a great value too! Only downfall was hotel has only 1 handicapped parking place.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank tag10mom
Travelers also viewed these Newark hotels
Embassy Suites Newark - Wilmington/South
Comfort Inn and Suites
Comfort Inn and Suites
#3 of 24 in Newark
Hilton Wilmington / Christiana
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington Christiana
Courtyard by Marriott Newark-University of Delaware
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark/Wilmington South? Share your experiences!