“Unclean for $259 a night - save your money”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark/Wilmington South
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I typically stay in Hilton hotels when I travel for business - so I was not happy to find a deeply stained mattress in my room (blood?) - that the front desk tried to make me feel better by telling me it was "probably" wine. Would not stay here under any condition.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Louis M P
Steven S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark/Wilmington South, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Louis,

Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I have contacted our housekeeping team to correct the problem. I understand the condition of your bedding was of concern; I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to our city so we may better demonstrate the quality accommodations you expect and deserve.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Had a good time here. Amazed at how good the breakfast was. Staff was friendly and accessible. Room was quiet and felt at home. Got a lot of work done as well as a lot of peace and quiet. Checking in was as easy and fast as checking out of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel on several occasions when visiting the Newark-Delaware area. This week’s visit was Monday - Friday. Hotel has convenient access from I-95 and is close to some nearby restaurants. Complimentary breakfast is good and quantity is basically unlimited. Evening meal (Monday-Thursday) is adequate in most cases, the supply of complimentary wine / beer is a nice touch. Accommodation was excellent, quite, comfortable beds and clean bathroom, kitchen. Only one bedside lamp was not functional, required a new bulb. Management was helpful and cheerful. - Morning paper availability was a little hit and mis - sometimes not enough available in the breakfast room. I will stay here again next month if available when I come to the area on business. Pool access was out for last day I stayed for some maintenance work.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 7, 2013

When we arrived we were giving a complinary upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite. The 2 bedroom suite was huge and very inviting. The lobby attendent was super nice and the room was ready earlier, so we didn't have to wait. There was plenty for us to drink in the lobby when we arrived. The hotel was fabulous, clean, spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Business stay for 5 nights. Good variety of breakfast meals and nice touch providing evening meal as well during the week. A little difficult to find main entrance but easy to get in and out of once I found it

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The suite was perfect for our family of 4. We only stayed one night so didn't really need to use the kitchen, but it is really nice to have that option. The beds were so comfortable; loved the ceiling fan in the bedroom. The breakfast was good. Overall we were really impressed!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Christina B
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Staff at this location is the best. The facility itself is starting to show signs of heavy use and delayed maintenance, still a good place to stay overall. Kind of overlook some of the facility related issues because the staff friendliness and helpfullness is so good. Ownership needs to get on the stick and keep this place in good repair.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travelers also viewed these Newark hotels
0 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington Christiana
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Hilton Wilmington / Christiana
Candlewood Suites Newark South

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark/Wilmington South? Share your experiences!