“keep coming back”

Argilla Brewing Co at Pietro's Pizza
Ranked #227 of 360 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Specializing in Pizza & small handcrafted Ales made 1.5 barrels at a time. We also serve quality sandwiches & salads with a staff that aims to please. If you like what we're doing please tell your friends. If you're unhappy for any reason unhappy, please tell us. Cheers!
Newark, DE
“keep coming back”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Visited last nite (Burger Nite) I had the BEST burger I have EVER eaten. Honestly, it was that good. I know where I wanna eat next Monday nite! Oh and tonite's wing nite... Maybe we'll have dinner at Argilla again tonite!!!! Love the wings too! My husband is crazy about the beer. I'm really not a beer drinker but the full bar offers many others choices. We love this place. Owners and staff so friendly.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Judy M

“Delicious pizza and craft beer...a beer lovers dream”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Argilla's is a low key family friendly restaurant with great service, good food, and awesome craft beers. Argilla's brews their own beer on site, but always has a couple selections from other local breweries. The staff is friendly, and you will even see the owners working the pizza ovens sometimes. We go to this restaurant when we are looking for a friendly, laid back atmosphere with pizza and great beer. I highly recommend their margherita pizza and pale ale.

“Going down hill”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Have tried thisplace a few times and it hasnt gotten any better. Beer is soso, food is unpredictable, sometimes good, sometime horrible. Weve visited argilla for the last time.

Newark, Delaware
“I really wanted to love this place”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Pietro's pizza has been a favorite of mine from their many years at Linden Hill. I'm also a big fan of good beer. Argilla (I don't like this name) still has great pizza and the beer was also very good. I had a chicory flavored beer similar to Guinness and also a very good ESB. The Roman Margherita pizza with basil and fresh mozzarella was delicious also. It's the interior atmosphere that's lacking. It feels like a pizza shop from the 80's with high, straight backed booths. They need an interior designer to make the place feel warmer and more inviting. I also don't understand why I have to look at a small blackboard in the back for the beer listing. Put it on the tables! Once the waiter pointed out the blackboard I still found it hard to see.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank blackdog1288
Newark, DE
“Solid beers and food, and cheap as well!!!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Great place for a pizza and a few great microbrews, yes, this is a BREWPUB so if you want to drink Yuenging or Bud there's a Hooters within walking distance!! I've had all their house brews and none have disapointed, they also have "guest taps" and they're usually great, as well. Pizza is good (not great) but very reasonably priced......and their burgers and porkette are excellent (the burgers actually taste like they're char-broiled using actual charcoal....YUM!). Two micros, large pizza and tip for less than $25, how can you go wrong?? My only complaints are the noise around the bar (why do restaurants insist on having the bar wide open to the dining area?) and the specials are not always clear (they're posted on a board, like 10 feet up over some tables.....why not have them on the menu????), but these are minor....overall I'd highly recomend!

• Visited August 2012