“We Love This Place”

Argilla Brewing Co at Pietro's Pizza
Ranked #236 of 356 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Specializing in Pizza & small handcrafted Ales made 1.5 barrels at a time. We also serve quality sandwiches & salads with a staff that aims to please. If you like what we're doing please tell your friends. If you're unhappy for any reason unhappy, please tell us. Cheers!
Newark, DE
“We Love This Place”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The Pizza is really really good! And I'm trying to work my way thru the rest of the menu but right now I'm stuck on the Shrimp Avocado BLT. It's sooooo good! The wings are good too! My husband LOVES the beer! We've been several times. For lunch, for dinner, for "hey let's go have a slice" The bartenders Jody, Pete are so friendly. The staff must love their jobs as they are always pleasant and greet diners with big smiles.This is the perfect place for couples, families, friends, or business. Roger & Eve and Steve & Candice have a winner here. They just know how to treat their guests. Great Food--Great Beer-- Good Staff!!!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Judy M

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome...absolutely awesome!!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

If you want a good night out for a date, out a good happy hour with the guys or gal, or just a great slice of pizza this is your place! Great beer, awesome pizza and nice friendly servers! Definitely a must try

1 Thank cusatis411
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome place”
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

Best beer and pizza combo in town! Homemade beer and pizza is better than Anthonys coal fire. A must visit for sure.

1 Thank nickc411
Newark
“Absolutely Positively Fantastic!”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This place is an all in one winner. The nano brews are delicious, the pizza is phenomenal, the daily specials are delicious. I've never heard heavy metal music as one reviewer wrote.. We have brought friends with kids there to eat, they fell in love with the wings. The atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming. Every staff member is friendly, the bar tenders, Bill and Jody, are attentive and friendly. I highly recommend this 'nano' brewery not only for the delicious brews yet for the pizza and entire menu (wings, chicken sandwiches, red pizza, white pizza, appetizers are yummy too). The only improvement would be to have the workers wear name tags (I hate to have to ask) and have outdoor seating (which I'm sure is a shopping center issue and not the brewery issue). If that is all to improve upon, it's a no brainer! Try them, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Debbie P
Newark, Delaware
“The number 1 micro (NANO) brewery in Delaware”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

When I read and write some of my reviews, it's hard at times for me to believe that previous reviewers are rating the same establishment that I am. Argilla is full of ambiance. It reminds me of Cheers, where everybody knows your name. Maybe that's because I am very friendly and outgoing, but I doubt it. I have always been treated like royalty there and have absolutely no complaints about anything, OK maybe one thing. When I order fries, I like a large basket, enough to share. Granted, they only charge $2.00 for a basket, I'd rather pay double and get a big pile of them. Otherwise, everything else is right on target.

Being a Nano brewery, and the smallest one in the state of Delaware, They are bound to run out of beer on occasion. Especially since they have just recently opened. Every business experiences growing pains, good and bad business's alike. The difference here is, they have enough of their own beer on tap, as well as guest brews that I can always find one I like. Steve, the brewer, is a genius when it comes to knowing just what it takes to make any variety of beer. I've yet to order a house brew that I wouldn't order again. My favorite of course, since I like heavy European beers is the Rye Stout. Mmmmmmmm, please don't run out of that one!

As the name implies, (Argilla Brewing Co @ ..........Pietro's Pizza), is a nano brewery within a very well planned restaurant. Steve's pop has been in the business many years and knows what he is doing. The team of father and son has been a real winner here. The food is always incredible, and I challenge you to find a more gourmet pizza at any price.

The dining area is set up in such a way, that if you want a more private setting than right at the bar, you can certainly find a table or booth that's a bit more quiet. They do a great job of co-existing in the same building. If Steve is around, he's more than happy to show you his dream brew room. For pictures, check out their facebook page. A lot of thought and hard labor was put into this operation in a very short period of time. (it must have cost a small fortune).

My wife an I rarely go out to eat, let alone go to a bar. I'm an amateur chef and usually can make a better meal than anything that a restaurant can provide. On top of that, until Argilla opened, rarely would I find more than one micro brew per pub, that I actually liked and would re-order. I'll say it again, I've yet to find one I wouldn't re-order here. Granted, I'm not crazy about the really light beers, but their light beers are still pretty darn good compared to any commercial beer.

We've only sampled a few menu items other than the pizza. The wings are much better than average and available in a variety of flavors. They'll give you a free sample of their beer if you ask, and if you can't find a beer to fall in love with here, maybe you need to stay up on the porch and stick with the Coors Light.

• Visited April 2012