“Right off I-95, clean rooms, breafast and putting green!”
Review of Motel 6 Newark

Motel 6 Newark
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Lancaster, New Hampshire
“Right off I-95, clean rooms, breafast and putting green!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We rolled in about 9:30 after stopping at the I-95 rest area about a mile away and making reservations. The front door had a door bell to ring to get into the lobby. The check in went very smooth and we were put into a King bed room on the second floor. Up the stairs we went and the room was decent size, clean and had a comfortable bed. Older TV was adequate and had all kinds of channels to choose from.

Yes the rooms could use some updating, but for the price and an overnight stay it was very adequate. We felt safe, the room was clean and the location was handy to get to.

We had a good quiet night's sleep here and the price was right at under $60 using AAA discount. Breakfast was adequate the next morning. Nothing fancy but cold cereal, pastries, juice and coffee.

Small putting green outside the breakfast area in back of the hotel. Nice gazebo out front to sit and relax. Plenty of nearby restaurants, stores and gas stations to get whatever you need.

Would we stay here again if in the area? Absolutely!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 23, 2013

It was late when driving back from New York and decided to just take the exit and get a little bit of sleep. The hotel was easy to find and had the basic stuff. The room was clean and bed ok. Slept for about couple of hours and then hit the road again to try to get to my meeting in Washington, Dc. There was plenty of restaurants to get coffee in the morning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Ended up staying here after having a tire blow out on I-95. At 1:30, with a toy tire on the car, a pet, and almost 200 miles to go, almost anything will look good. The woman at the front desk was very nice, and I was able to sleep for a few hours for a low price, but that was about it. The bathroom was in rough condition, and the room had definitely seen better days. The sheets were old and starting to get threadbare, the bed small, and the room itself looked like it hadn't been updated in a very long time.

It's an Ecnonlodge, but it could be better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
Reviewed August 28, 2013

It was late, we were tired and everything was full. Under any other circumstances we would have left without even going back to the lobby. The photos speak volumes. The vent was over our bed. The dead roach was behind the door. The next morning we put on socks went to the shower with out clothes. After the shower we dressed inside the shower and left. I complained to Econo Lodge corporate via phone and email and they didn't seem to care one way or the other.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank travelingexpert
Florida
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Trying to save money I found this in the coupon book coming home from Maine to Florida. It seemed okay from the outside and we were tired. First room was suppose to be none smoking well it stunk and had an ashtray in it. Than a big roach on the wall. So went and asked for another room. Got one on the other side end room 101. A little better but still a smell but not as bad. Being exhausted we just decided to stay. Another bug, looked like a bed bug but it flew so looked it up on my phone and it said it was a carpet beetle. Had my husband lift up the mattress to look for bed bugs. We didn't get any sleep, AC units was so loud, people next door slamming door all night. I had thoughts of bugs going though my head. I slept in sweatpants and socks to try not to touch anything. I put my light jacket over my head to try and sleep. Just the whole place gave me the creeps. I forgot to add that at 4am the front desk called our room and asked if the smoke alarm was fixed. Wrong room front desk and now we are real awake. So we packed our stuff and left at 5am. The girl at the front desk was nice and that's it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Blazect59
Berlin, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The motel was very run down and shabby looking with boarded up rooms... The room was smelly and to top it off a women was robbed by two armed men and duct taped to a chair on the same night i stayed there. Needless to say it will be the last time i stay there. I guess thats what i get for trying to save money on a cheap motel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Steven C
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our one-night stay here was the first leg of our annual vacation trip driving to Hilton Head, SC. We didn't expect much; after all, it is an Econo Lodge. Our first room was by the breezeway. As my husband was unlocking the door, I saw that there was an ice machine against our unit's outside wall with a large puddle of water around it. When I walked into the room, I heard a squishing sound with every step I took. The carpet was soaked, probably from the leaking ice machine. We were given another room, right by the busy highway. The first thing that I noticed was that there was a still-in-progress cobweb on the ceiling over the head of the bed. Gene got rid of that ASAP. Would have demanded another room, but we were tired and hungry. (We ate at the Denny's in the same parking lot, but that's another review.) Thankfully, the bed linens were clean. I can't describe the bathroom; let's just say that we didn't use the shower. Gladly left there first thing in the morning. Definitely did not want to partake of their breakfast. As another reviewer (SteveG13) said, we would have been happier sleeping in our car.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple