“Dishonest desk clerk”

Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Newark
A TripAdvisor Member
“Dishonest desk clerk”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2005

We checked in on June 29 after a long drive but with a reservation. At first I didn't notice that the desk clerk didn't return my credit card. We rested for over an hour before heading out to shop. When I realized that I didn't have my credit card we went back to the hotel. The desk clerk handed it over without a word of apology in fact she lied and said that she tried to call us but of course we were in the room for a long time and there was never a messge on the phone set. When we left the next morning we asked to talk to the manager but were told that he was not at the property. I called the hotel three times this week and finally spoke to Clarence Grant whose card I picked up at the desk before we left. I explained that we had been so concerned about the attitude of the desk clerk that we canceled our Visa card causing trouble, but no theft. He said he would get back to me and of course he didn't take my name or phone number and has not apologized or done anything to make this ordeal right. No one ever apologized, leading us to believe that this was not a simple oversight.

This hotel is not a hospitable place to say the least.

• Stayed June 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2004

Stay away from Country Inn & Suites in Newark. They let bad people to come in and steal. I lost my back bag while having breat fast in their dining room. My passport was in that bag. One person lost his car window (broken) and laptop on the same day. The front desk employees are arogant. They do not even show any courtesy to the victims.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member