“Right off I-95, near mall and hospital”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Michigan
“Right off I-95, near mall and hospital”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have stayed here before visiting family in the area. The hotel is in a cluster of hotels/motels right off the I-95 highway between Newark and Wilmington DE. Not much else in the area, close to the big tax-free Christiana shopping mall. Most guests seem to be passing through, visiting the big hospital up the road, or visiting the U of D in Newark. The hotel is clean and modern chain-hotel with a friendly and helpful staff. Nice warm breakfast that they rotate the from day to day. Good value for money and reliable.

Room Tip: The rooms straight ahead from the reception desk are next to the elevator and noisy.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank David M
Ben C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear DJM3, Thank you for your review! I'm glad to hear your impression of the hotel was favorable. We do our very best to provide the clean rooms and great service you mentioned. I'm very glad you enjoyed our breakfast- and thanks for mentioning our rotation and varying selection of breakfast items! The Christiana Mall is very close, as well as Christiana Hospital, Delaware Park Racetrack and Casino, the Newark Airport, University of Delaware, and much more. We hope to see you again on your next trip through the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hotel staff was great. Room very clean and comfort. Hotel convience to all the location I visited and easy access to the interstate. Breakfast was great.I stayed two nights with family and friends and we had joining rooms, we could stay in bed and talk without having to leave the room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for the great review! We're very glad you were able to enjoy your stay with family and friends comfortably, and that breakfast was to your liking. There's always more to see in the area, so we hope to have you back again soon!
dublin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed one night while in town for a family function, and it was probably one of the worst hotel stays we have ever had. We have stayed in Country Inn and Suites before, and NEVER have we had such an awful night.
The walls were so thin we could hear not only every word of the people on both side of us, but every movement. When we turned out the lights you could see light streaming in along the wall/ceiling seam from the rooms next door. I finally said to my husband around 1 a.m., in a normal voice, "do you think they will ever put those kids to bed?" Suddenly things quieted down a bit. At least no more screaming kids. We did have to listen to their TV show for a few more hours, however.
Breakfast was mediocre.
Think about another place to stay if in Newark Delaware.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DublinIslanddreamer
Ben C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Dublinislanddreamer, Thanks so much for taking the time to review our property. My sincerest apologies for the noise and disruption from another guests' room. Any time during any stay, please let us know and our staff would be happy to address any noise issues. The enjoyment and comfort of your stay is paramount to our guest sevice commitments. You will be excited to hear we have redesigned our breakfast arrangement and are listening to our customers in regard to breakfast, & making some changes for improved breakfast experience. I appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us a try again in the future!
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I normally stay at The Hilton which is across from this Country Inn, but wanted to stay some place different to save some money. I stayed in a King Suite, enjoyed free Wi-Fi, had free coffee and free breakfast each morning. I stayed 4 nights so I received a 30% discount. Large room, quiet location, and free amenities convinced me this will be my hotel in the future when I come to Wilmington. I saved about $75/day by staying here. Well worth the savings! I took my savings and then shopped in tax free Delaware!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Lorraine H
Dear Beachlady0722, Thanks for such a wonderful review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us- I couldn't ask for a better list our amenities and the benefits to staying with us! I and all of my staff are excited to have you back anytime! Tax-Free Delaware and the nearby newly renovated Christiana Mall are a great place to use those savings! We hope to see you next time you are in the area!
Charlottesville, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel looks nice from the outside but looks are deceiving! The halls are dirty. Our room had wall paper falling off the wall, the tv was disconnected from the back, and the worst part was discovering the used condom next to my nightstand! I wouldn't stay at this hotel again even if I had to sleep in my car!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Tom C
CarlsonRezidor, online customer support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services.
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Helpful staff, had accessible adjoining room for elderly Mom. Breakfast much better than average.Quiet on woods side,just right for the 2 of us and Mom in adjoining room.Conveniently located near mall,highways, college, hospital,etc.worked well for us visiting family and friends.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank grandmacurly
Dear Grandmacurly, Thanks for your review! I'm so glad to hear our staff is being helpful and assisting as needed. Our location and property allow us to keep a quiet, relaxed environment for our guests, and it sounds like you got to take great advantage of that expereince. We keep our breakfast hot and prepared fresh every day for our guests with warm service and always with a smile. I couldn't say any better about our location- it seems like we are located near everything! Thanks again, and we hope to see you the next time you are in the area!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

A nice clean hotel with very friendly staff. The complimentary breakfast was fantastic! The room was nice and clean, but the billing got a bit confusing between points and cash. It was finally sorted out and we would definitely stay there again.

Stayed March 2014