“Pleasant weekend experience”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at the hotel while in town for the Easter Seals Volleyball Challenge at the Delaware Orthopedic Sportsplex and were very impressed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fresh and the staff paid close attention to ensure everything was refilled and the tables were kept clean. I also really enjoyed the fresh coffee throughout the day. Parking was easy and we had quick access to a couple of restaurants without having to go out on the main road. The only thing missing was the newspapers that were advertised on their website but absent at the hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor near the main stairs and did not have any complaints about noise from the h...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The hotel staff were very friendly and the complimentry breakfast was very good. The room was very clean and comfortalbe. The lobby and hall way rugs need to be replaced because they are worn out and prehaps they could could have used a good vacuuming also.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was in this hotel for 2 weeks, I travel for work, I have been on the road for years so I know what I am expecting. This location was pleasant, the staff was very nice. Checking in I was greeted by a sleeping clerk, but when you check in at 3 am this can happen. The rooms are clean, great parking under the hotel, and breakfast is not the same thing everyday. For the price this is cheaper than the Hilton across the street and just as nice in my eyes. Not only do I recommend this place but I am going to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Countryinn1024, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Hello,
Thanks for the kind words. We strive to make every stay a comfortable and pleasant experience. We hope to see you in the near future.

Robert

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We found ourselves with a 22 hour layover at Newark airport one week before Christmas. This property was an awesome option for us because it is across the street from a very large outlet mall.

The hotel was very clean, the workers very friendly, shuttle service prompt, and the room was as comfortable as you could ask for. The rooms offer refrigerators, free wifi, comfortable beds, and quick in and out service. The complementary breakfast is very good.

I strongly recommend this hotel for an overnight at the airport.

Room Tip: Great for an overnight at EWR
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed here for one night to pick up my son for Winter Break at UDel. I booked the hotel through hotwire. On hotwire the room was listed for $100 which I think is a bit expensive for this hotel. I was apprehensive about staying here based on the mixed reviews. I did find the room clean and adequate for one night. The bed was comfortable. The room did have a smell of covered up stale smoke. Once I was in the room for some time I didn't notice the smell. I had to unplug the refrigerator because of a loud knocking sound. The walls are thin as I did hear the room next to me. Thankfully they were quiet after 11 PM. If other hotels in the area that I prefer were booked, I would consider staying here again. I did not eat the complimentary breakfast so cannot comment on the quality.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Countryinn1024, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you again for having been our guest. Hopefully, you will stay with us again.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

As is usually the case with Country Inn & suites, this hotel was clean and comfortable. The location was convenient to I-95 and the breakfast was good. Would definately stay again!

Also convenient to the Brandywine Valley and local Dupont family attractions.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Countryinn1024, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Jao988,

We are Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and I will be sure to share your review with the rest of the staff.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed at this property during Parents Weekend, and it was a pleasant stay. Property is a little dated, but Very clean. Breakfast was great each morning, we love the make your own waffles. Rooms were clean, and well stocked each day. They also have an underground parking garage (which we didn't realize at first, and thought all the parking was taken up). I will definitely use the hotel again when coming to visit UD.

Room Tip: You have to wait for the elevator when on the higher floors, we took the stairs a few times. (but it...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Countryinn1024, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share youre recents experience with us.

I will be sure to share your comments with the staff.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,